Looking for a vitamin that's easier on my stomach (powder)

I'm having difficulty taking my daily vitamin. Even if I take it right after breakfast with food in my stomach, I'm am retching and miserable for at least 30 minutes. This has been a problem in the past, too. I need a high quality vitamin, which this is, but I thought powder might be easier on my stomach. I've used "gummi's" in the past, but they are lacking minerals so even though my stomach loves them, well, you know. They aren't good for me.

I don't want to pulverize this in my keto coffee as the taste is pretty strong. Anyone have an answer??

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited August 2016
    nevermind mines a gummy.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    johunt615 wrote: »
    Olly women's brand. Its a gummy and I can take it on an empty stomach with no issues. In fact I use several of the Olly products.

I was just about to suggest Olly. I know it's not a powder like you were looking for, but its a good gummy multivitamin.

Not sure where you are located but Vitamin Shoppe has one that seems to have good reviews.: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/multi-vitamin-mineral-powder-16-95-oz-powder/vs-2312#.V7ukJo5Q8xd
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    I too can only eat the gummy ones. If I eat anything else they make me so nauseous life is not worth living. I do however have to supplement quite a bit with other minerals, because I have some medical necessities other than only a multi vitamin.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    I like the fizzing tablet multivitamins. Drop one tablet into a glass of water and you have a semi-fizzy drink that usually tastes like oranges or other citrus fruits.

I used to take the tablets but I kept forgetting and found it a hassle. Now I look forward to my calorie-free tasty orange drink each day. I also get an extra 400mls of water a day from this, as before I would only have a few sips to get the tablet down, now I have to have a whole big glass.
  • caroljoy08
    caroljoy08 Posts: 6 Member
    Not sure which powder you use, I like Nutreince. I put it in my shake in the morning, and in the afternoon I mix it with collagen and Dynamic Greens. I get it here - https://www.caltonnutrition.com/store/nutreince/ Hope you find something that works.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    I don't take them since multis are pretty much useless. Dial in your diet.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    How about taking the minerals separately? By the way Calcium and Iron will interfere with each other so they should be taken separately anyways.
  • tjsterch
    tjsterch Posts: 18 Member
    My doctor's office has recommended Flintstone Complete. And because it contains Iron, to make sure I take my Calcium at least 2 hours separate. They also offered a Bariatric vitamin, but I could not stand the taste of it, so this is working out well for me. In my case, I get my vitamin levels tested at my doctor's to make sure it is meeting my needs (it is, but I also take Vit B multi-supplement sublingual, Vit D3 5,000 daily & a couple of other things)

Good luck :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Most of us can manage without vitamin pills.
    If you are lacking in a specific vitamin like D3 via a blood test, you can take that particular vitamin.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    When I was pregnant with my 2nd the Health Unit handed out free vitamins for pregnant women. Every time I took it I thew up. I lasted about a week and then when and bought the "Materna" brand because it worked first pregnancy. and yes it worked this time too.

How about asking a pharmacist?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Has your doctor taken bloods and said you are vitamin deficient?

Is there a specific vitamin you need to supplement?

What is your diet like? Is there a reason you aren't getting a nutritional spread?

• karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    I know you mention a powder, but I just wanted to post that I REALLY like Rainbow Light vitamins. Main reason I mention them is that when I read the reviews on Amazon I saw a lot of posts that people were able to tolerate them better than typical multi-vitamins (they are food based vitamins vs synthetics). That isn't a factor for me, I have an iron stomach, but just posting that there are other options out there to try!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    edited August 2016
    tjsterch wrote: »
    My doctor's office has recommended Flintstone Complete. And because it contains Iron, to make sure I take my Calcium at least 2 hours separate. They also offered a Bariatric vitamin, but I could not stand the taste of it, so this is working out well for me. In my case, I get my vitamin levels tested at my doctor's to make sure it is meeting my needs (it is, but I also take Vit B multi-supplement sublingual, Vit D3 5,000 daily & a couple of other things)

Good luck :)

Flintstones Complete for me as well (along with several other things). I was taking the generic Wal-Mart chewables instead of the Flintstones for a while, but my levels weren't staying where they should be, so I switched back to the Flintstones. They taste good & do the job (I take 2 a day). I get blood work done every 3 months.

Edited to add that I tried calcium powder in the past because the pills were just so huge I was having a hard time swallowing them. It was just so gritty & I had to use so much to get in each serving. It got to be more of a hassle than it was worth. I ended up buying the Citracal Petites instead which are still big imo.
  • krstldw
    krstldw Posts: 3 Member
    I use the transdermal vitamin patch. You can check it out at patchmd.com the bariatric vitamins were making me nauseous.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    I used to have a problem with nausea after vitamins and went to the Garden of Life brand. They are high quality and use bioavailable forms of the nutrients and have several options for a multivitamin as well as many other single vitamin options and a good vitamin b complex. I can take them on an empty stomach with no nausea.