Recipes for protei powders

judywbooth
judywbooth Posts: 5 Member
I'm having a lot of trouble getting enough protein, even after adding protein shakes to my diet. I'd like recipes using unflavored powders in savory recipes, soups, gravies, etc. The only place Ive found any are on UnJury's website and they have everything from protein enriched vinagrettes to egg drop soup. They actually have chicken soup flavored powder. Can anyone out there tell me how they use the various flavored powders other than in shakes to boost protein?

Replies

• MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    You can mix it in with oatmeal. If you let us know which flavor you have, we can know which flavors would mix well with it. Personally, I've never tried it in soups or gravies since even if it is unflavored, it would thicken the broth. Maybe mixed in to mashed potatoes..
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    I have used protein powder in pancakes a couple of times. I saw a couple recipes online for this. The second batch was better than the first, but still need more practice to get the right consistency. They were less fluffy than regular, but both batches tasted good. I used vanilla, but I would assume other flavors would work as well since all the breakfast type restaurants (IHOP, Denny's, Shoney's, etc.) always offer all kinds of flavored pancakes.
  • lamulatta541
    lamulatta541 Posts: 7 Member
    Protein pancakes
    I to 2 scoops protein powder
    I ripe banana
    1 egg white
  • jeremyhissong
    jeremyhissong Posts: 1 Member
    for tons of recipes with protein powders type into google quest protein powder (insert whatever you're trying to make) recipe. Like over the weeknd I just made the quest protein powder pizza. it was pretty good.
  • calith
    calith Posts: 4 Member
    I can recommend the protein chef on youtube. He has loads of recipes for protein powder.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi6v2iv_jMxCoYRBQQi7zg