married chit-chatters?

Replies

• VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    hey ! is this where i belong?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Good morning, my married peeps! *checks clock, still morning!* Whatch'all up to today?
  • fitflashy
    fitflashy Posts: 22 Member

perkymommy wrote: »
    It seems like the Chit-Chat section is designed only for singles. Some of us are happily married. :) I would love to meet some other married MFP!
    Hi, all I am a married stay at home mother with three kids from Southern Indiana. I guess you could say we live the 1950's style life. I cook, clean , take care of the kids and he works takes care of the yard. That may make us sound old but we are not we are both in are early 30's and love life we just like to keep things simple. But, for me as a stay at home mother things get boring at times I get tired of the same old rinse and repeat of life. It seem's like I am always doing the same things. Are there any other stay at home mom's or dad's that deal with this what do you do, how do you change things up, and still stay on budget?
    In the summer we get pool passes so it changes a little we go daily unless it rains and we also visit different parks in the area, as well as any free things that may be going on we do them as well because hey it's free and free is good. LOL. What do you do with your kids that is cheap an easy to do crafts such as that? My kiddos also go to church camp so that is a plus....

Hi there! H-town stay at home mama here. Your post described me. Lol! I am going through the same. I have 4 boys (2 in school) (2 in diapers). I do alot of the free stuff here in houston. I cook daily and clean. I want to coupon but find it difficult as many retailers here are jerks with accepting coupons. I am BORRRED outta my mind most times. I tried pole, lap dance, chair tease classes and that was fun but summer specials are over. Need to chat hit me up. My best lives in Indianapolis so I my be able to share other things you can get free.
  • fitflashy
    synchkat wrote: »
    I'm a stay at home mom. I do all the cooking and most of the yard work. We've been in this house four years and hubs has yet to cut the grass here. I'm probably not the person to ask for advice for staying within budget or anything like that. I have my social network through my skating at what is essentially our country club. Mommies need mommy time

Is this supposed to be here?

Hi there. I feel your struggle. We need mommy time for sure!
  • fitflashy
    How long have you all been married? 23 years for me

Wow way cool. Please tell me your secret?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    We've been living in sin for 23 years as of last Saturday!
  • fitflashy
    We've been living in sin for 23 years as of last Saturday!

Lol @living in sin. 23 years you go gul! :)
  • fitflashy
    Hey everyone this questions is for married folks only. Have you ever had a vaginal rejuvenation surgery (or did your wife have one) did it make a difference in feeling?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Welcome to the thread new people! You all seem fun!
  • Jellybeanz44
    Jellybeanz44 Posts: 31 Member
    @mangamaday I've never failed not to finish it because it's always so easy.. LOL it's meanly in place so I don't forget any basic chores..Maybe I should make this a little clearer so it don't sound like abuse you see I had some head trauma and I forget things a lot so using a list helps me remember to do things so basically he does it to help me out.... so the list may look like this
    TO DO LIST
    MAKE BED
    DO DISHES
    SWEEP FLOORS
    PICK UP LIVING ROOM
    CLEAN BATHROOM
    MAKE DINNER
    TAKE MEDS
    REMEMBER TO EAT LUNCH
    TAKE TRASH OUT
    CLEAN LITER BOXES
    FEED AND WATER CATS
    DO LAUNDRY
    MAKE TEA

That makes a lot more sense. Gotta do what works for you and your family.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Happily married here :)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    fitflashy wrote: »
    Hey everyone this questions is for married folks only. Have you ever had a vaginal rejuvenation surgery (or did your wife have one) did it make a difference in feeling?

No.

..... but I do have the videos bookmarked on Youtube.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    My husband is going away today and he made a list of things he needs to do. And it was funny. It said stuff like: wake up, eat food, take out trash, call cab, go to nut house, wear plane clothes... I was cracking up and had to ask why it said to go to nut house. It was an abbreviation for Nutrition House (he is getting me something from there).

We have a store here called Nifty Nut House (they sell bulk candy, nuts and dry fruit) and we joke all the time about the nut house.

I used to make lists like your husband all the time. There's even a website called habitrpg where you can reinforce things like brushing your teeth or remembering to eat lunch by getting points and leveling up. Sad but fun :smile:
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member

Hi there! H-town stay at home mama here. Your post described me. Lol! I am going through the same. I have 4 boys (2 in school) (2 in diapers). I do alot of the free stuff here in houston. I cook daily and clean. I want to coupon but find it difficult as many retailers here are jerks with accepting coupons. I am BORRRED outta my mind most times. I tried pole, lap dance, chair tease classes and that was fun but summer specials are over. Need to chat hit me up. My best lives in Indianapolis so I my be able to share other things you can get free.

Hey @fitflashy ! Fellow H-town married peep. I've been married for almost 22 years and have 3 kids. There is free yoga and Zumba at Discovery Green. I take Aerial Arts classes at Vault and they occasionally have Groupons. It's a lot of fun. You should check it out if you have the chance. Lots of different classes to try; fabric, Lyra, trapeze, rope, harness, etc.
  • fitflashy
    Motorsheen wrote: »

No.

Lol theres video!? Hmmm....sounds graphic. I've been curious on why folks on Realself never report back on the outcome. I figure they are either to busy adult excersizing or are to imbarressed to admit they wasted money.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »

No.

Lol theres video!? Hmmm....sounds graphic. I've been curious on why folks on Realself never report back on the outcome. I figure they are either to busy adult excersizing or are to imbarressed to admit they wasted money.

Through the grape-vine, I think my aunt or aunt's friend did get it done.
    I don't know what her husband thinks about it, but I think it gave her a great self-confidence boost.

I think it may be similar to getting breast enlargement:
    - sometimes, it's not for the men, but more for the woman's self-image of herself.

• hicksjordana
    hicksjordana Posts: 22 Member
    @nahmm83 happy anniversary!

Catching up on this thread... I think I have a pretty supportive husband when it comes to my fitness but then again since I prep all his meals and do his macro calculations, he may not have a choice. :smile: I think our biggest fuss is the shopping for equipment, supplements or anything like that. It's definitely a balancing act between two different wants and goals.

I think I'm in love!!!