Did green tea help you lose weight?

Any success stories?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    No, only scam stories.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Nothing magic about tea. Drink it if you like it but it's not going to make you lose weight.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    No, but it helps me reach my water intake for the day.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    There are no shortcuts or magical substances. Stick to your calorie goals.
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    I like it for my afternoon caffeine, make it cold brew style the day before... but no... its just a drink.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Nope.

tastes good though.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I drink green tea because I like it. It has no effect on my weight loss.
  • MutluMarah
    MutluMarah Posts: 24 Member
    Ok it has been like 4 months since I am drinking green tea everyday morning before any thing else and there is no change
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yeah. It doesnt do anything, except maybe replace beverages that have calories.
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    The only way a certain food - in and of itself - can help you to lose weight is if it helps you to remain satisfied, while not causing you to go over your daily calories. There are no magic bullets when it comes to WL. I LOVE the stuff, but my WL success wasn't a product of it. Eating good tasty filling food that I liked in sensible and measured portions did that for me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    It's a tasty beverage: I especially like it cold (unsweetened), and drink it most every day.

But other than being a good-tasting non-caloric beverage, no, I don't think it helped me lose weight.

Eating at a reasonable calorie level, while getting enough protein, some healthy fats, and plenty of fruits/veg (for fiber, micronutrients, and tastiness) - that helped me lose weight.

YMMV.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    Only if you swap tea for calorie filled beverages (i.e. coffee with creamer and sugar, soda Frappuccinos). Just creates a calorie deficit but no magical weight loss potion to green tea.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    No, there is no magic bullet for weight lose. Unless you count reducing your calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    I drink green tea every day. I ran out recently and haven't been to the shop. I can 100% tell you it didn't make any difference whatsoever.
  • Electric_Warfare
    Electric_Warfare Posts: 30 Member
    There are health benefits to drinking green tea but ive never heard of it helping to lose weight.
  • rollerjog
    rollerjog Posts: 154 Member
    you guys and gals are talking about green tea that you drink, , has any one used Green Tea Extract Powder, i use a combo of green tea extract powder, caffeine powder l- theanine powder, synphrine powder, thats what works for me to give me a boost