increased my time!

My success is that I was able to increase my jogging time to 3 minutes 9 seconds! I know it doesn't sound like much but it's a big step for me.

I started a run/walk program 2 months ago and was only able to run 30 seconds at one time and it slowy increased each week but I had severe leg pain. I got stuck on 2 minutes. Almost thought I had to quit b/c of the leg pain.

I ditched the program and just started running and walking on my own pace, giving myself 2 to 3 days rest inbetween instead of running every other day and these changes have helped my pain. It's still there, just not severe. I ice and take ibprofen too.

Anyways, heres to my 3 minutes and 9 seconds! :drinker:

Replies

• gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    My success is that I was able to increase my jogging time to 3 minutes 9 seconds! I know it doesn't sound like much but it's a big step for me.

I started a run/walk program 2 months ago and was only able to run 30 seconds at one time and it slowy increased each week but I had severe leg pain. I got stuck on 2 minutes. Almost thought I had to quit b/c of the leg pain.

I ditched the program and just started running and walking on my own pace, giving myself 2 to 3 days rest inbetween instead of running every other day and these changes have helped my pain. It's still there, just not severe. I ice and take ibprofen too.

Anyways, heres to my 3 minutes and 9 seconds! :drinker:
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO that is great!!! jogging is not on the top of my list of things that I will be able to do soon... so I walk and walk and walk!!! congrats!:drinker:
  • Congratulations! It's not how it sounds to others that matters, it's what it is to you. Each little victory for you is exactly that. Keep up the great work!
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Thanks for the encouragement! You are right swimchique, it's what matters to me! I must remember that. :happy:
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Congratulations!!!:flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    If the pain is persistent while you run you really should talk to a doctor about it because you could be causing yourself some long term harm. The solution could be as simple as stretching exercises prior to or after running or even changing the type of shoe you run in.

congratulations and good luck with your pace increases.
  • I'm coming off knee surgey and I still can't run. If you have a gym membership try the eliptical trainer. It puts very little stress on your legs but still burns calories. Swimming or running in a pool is also a good option.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Nice going!! :smile:

Just keep at it! :drinker:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Congrats! That's good news for you. Each time you get a little better is a time to be proud of yourself
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    that is great, keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!