LCD Chat...

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    sarahthes wrote: »
    I've mostly been lurking on this thread for the last little bit.

Today I'm home with a feverish 4 year old. We are marathoning Disney movies that are older than he is--so far Mulan and The Incredibles. He hasn't seen either before, so he's totally entranced. Made him a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. But he's just picking the cheese & bacon out of the middle...

"I'll Make A Man Out Of You" is a great lifting song.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    @samanthaluangphixay : LOVE that new pic!!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Phrick wrote: »
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nah. I tore it up yesterday. And have a headache and lack of sleep today. And it's supposed to be over 100 again. I have lots of excuses; I'll tear it up tomorrow ;)

Haha! I'm trying here! I'm thrilled this thread has gone as long as it has. I don't want to lose it now! I actually look forward to my good morning posts!

oh I didn't mean to piss on things LOL. I look forward to your morning posts too, you're one of the few who is up when I am hahaha!! I just don't have it in me today is all
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member

Today I'm home with a feverish 4 year old. We are marathoning Disney movies that are older than he is--so far Mulan and The Incredibles. He hasn't seen either before, so he's totally entranced. Made him a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. But he's just picking the cheese & bacon out of the middle...

I love this!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    redimock wrote: »

I love this!

He's usually a carb fiend (and he's such a fussy eater right now that I feed him what he will eat). Found out that he's actually got tonsillitis which explains why he wouldn't eat the bread--I imagine it hurt!

• ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    It's Wednesday!!
    Halfway through the week, I'm still moving and I haven't strangled any co-workers! I'm calling this a success!
    Got on the scale this morning and it's up to 119.8 but I've still wading my way through shark week so I'm not freaking out. I've also been using my little weights and getting my exercise along with my circuit training. My arms definitely are feeling the burn and I swear I see my muscles there too! Just gotta ditch the fat wings I e got flopping around there.

My first round of starting Keto I was lucky and didn't have much of the flu effects. Since the Doritos incident I have been having a few. Last couple of days I suffered the lack of energy and last night.... How many times my legs cramped up was crazy! Definitely messed with my wee bit of sleep I manage.
    I plan to make up my GGMS this morning in hopes that I can correct this issue.

Still pushing for my goal of 12k steps today. I hit it yesterday just have to stay mindful about it.
  • ProCoffeenator
    Guess today will have to be WTF Wednesday!!
    Wrote my normal long morning post and hit post.... It disappeared! Sigh.

Long post short....
    Weight was up but still wading through shark week. Meh.

Keto flu symptoms strike! Tiredness and leg cramps! Ouch!

Still working on 12 k steps a day! Doing great so far!

Exercise switch up is going well, can now see muscle in my biceps! Just need to get rid of the wing fat!

Need more coffee....

Have a great day!
  • fablevins
    fablevins Posts: 111 Member
    @ProCoffeenator I'm on day 9 of restarting Keto and I have been hitting the sodium hard, so I haven't suffered any leg cramps. Be friends with salt today and I'm sure you'll feel better. I'm hoping I don't have any WTF moments today, but if I do I'll think of you! :wink:
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Accidentally glutened myself. After 2 days of hugging the toilet I think I am ready to face the world again. Piece of advice. If you are feeling sick, avoid celery. The second time you see it, is just not nice.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    @Cyndi146 I've got to laugh about the pickle juice....that would surely be a wtf moment for my husband. lol

Took the day off to accompany my husband to the rheumatologist. Then we got crab legs for lunch. Closed out the afternoon with a jog at the lake. Great day off!
  • sarahthes
    Hubby stayed home with the kids today. The toddler has hand-foot-and-mouth while my 4 year old has tonsillitis.

Pretty sure my husband also has hand-foot-and mouth. He was miserable all day complete with vomiting and pounding headache. He went to bed at 5, basically as soon as I got home from work. I feel like the kids ate a lot of cheerios and watched a lot of t.v. today...
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    What is hand-foot-and-mouth?
  • ProCoffeenator
    kmn118 wrote: »

Viral infection which causes blisters and sores on the hands feet and inside of mouth. Mostly a childhood disease but adults can catch this.
  • ProCoffeenator
    It's Thank goodness the week is almost over Thursday!!

I'm surviving this week by a thread!!
    Most of my goals have gone to pot but I've been able to keep up on my steps and eating. Stress is winning out on everything else. I'm carrying all my stress on my back right between my shoulders. Leading to a lovely knot/muscle tension that is now bothering my neck. I've also been coming home eating dinner then passing out in bed while getting my son to sleep.

It's the first week of school but we are still following our summer schedule since we service multiple schools in the area and still have older kids that don't go back to school till next Tuesday after the holiday. My class of three year olds jumped from 16 to 26! So not only are we getting the room back to order but we are also training a third person in the room.

We will survive!
  • Phrick
    Let me just vent for a minute: There are still 4 hours until my blood draw and dammit, I'm hungry and lacking in caffeination. Grump, grump, grump.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    I feel for you.
  • Phrick
    haha, thanks @Bonny132 - worst part is I just finished making my kids' lunches for the day and it smells amazing in here LOL
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    I had some Chinese food last night for the first time in a long time, and I hadn't even left the restaurant before I felt like my guts had turned into a big balloon. I didn't even eat much! Mostly meat, but a bit of chow mein too. I had a whopper headache after dinner as well, that no meds seemed able to conquer. It kept me up most of the night, seems to be gone now but I'm still up...I think I got maybe two hours of sleep.

We're headed out on the road today, so I'll probably be sleeping in the car a lot.
  • sarahthes
    kmn118 wrote: »

Viral infection which causes blisters and sores on the hands feet and inside of mouth. Mostly a childhood disease but adults can catch this.

Yup, this! Husband and older son look like they have sores inside their mouths only, but the baby got a face rash and some light spotting elsewhere. They all had bad sore throats that are taking a while to clear up, but the kids went to daycare. My husband worked from home so at least he didn't use up quite so much sick time.

I am looking forward to real food soon once everyone can manage it. Although my cream of mushroom soup was good (from a can but I did half whipping cream and half water instead of using milk... and then I topped it with cheese...)