Uhhhhh, I don't want to offend anyone, but.....

Why is there not an add exercise for the most perfect workout, I mean if done right, abs, hamstrings, calves, buttocks, arms, back, hell even your toes, cardio and/or strength, yeah ya'll know what I'm talking about, SEX, why is it not in the exercise add workout

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Side question : Does Strava have a "booty time" KOM?
  • BigBill1971
    BigBill1971 Posts: 28 Member
    It's not really a workout. I mean, sometimes I go for a bike ride because the sun is out and the wind feels good on my face; other times I go out because I'm trying to beat my fastest time on a 40 km course. Now I don't know about you but for me, sex is pleasant and enjoyable, but doesn't have any specific performance goals. I mean, as far as I know, nobody makes a sensor that measures your thrust rate per minute like people do with running cadence.

I think in theory this is probably supposed to be part of your general activity level. I doubt most people fill out their MFP profile and say "Well I bump uglies five times a week so that means I'm not sedentary."

Also, I think the way most people who aren't me do it, it's really not that much of a workout anyway. I've heard some horror stories.

Point taken! And I really agree with the 5 times a week part, I probably spoke (wrote) before I thought that completely through!
  • BigBill1971
    Because wearing a HRM during sexytimes is not particular sexy. Unless it's leather.

Easy there, settle down! LOL
  • BigBill1971
    CincyNeid wrote: »
    Side question : Does Strava have a "booty time" KOM?

Uhhhhh idk
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    A one hour long session would be amazing!!! am I right?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    *Checks Garmin downloads for sexytime tracking app*
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Why is there not an add exercise for the most perfect workout, I mean if done right, abs, hamstrings, calves, buttocks, arms, back, hell even your toes, cardio and/or strength, yeah ya'll know what I'm talking about, SEX, why is it not in the exercise add workout

Because most guys wouldn't burn many calories in 20 seconds.

LOL'd at work thx
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    Well, looking at it in a practical light, I think the issue would be that there are too many variations in this kind of "workout" - variations in pace/intensity, muscle groups used, duration (most people don't like to bring a stopwatch to bed), etc. Everyone does it differently - not just from person to person, but from occasion to occasion as well. Too many variables to account for.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Well, anecdotally...I had a lover who was whip thin, really lean, and he really didn't work out except for sex so I definitely think it can be exercise - it's just that it fits into your daily allowance, like walking up the stairs at work. It is part of lifestyle, not in addition to lifestyle. If you do it enough that you are losing weight, then up the calories, because your lifestyle isn't as sedentary as you thought.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Partners ??

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    Coz if you're keeping count of how many minutes you're doing it so you can log it later, you're doing it wrong.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    I have seen this come up before - a lot of people said they just list it as walking the dog. I guess so they aren't embarrassed if their diary is open.