NSV's - Share Here!

TerezaToledo
TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
An NSV (Non-Scale Victory) is celebrating the little (or big) things that have NOTHING to do with the scale. Whether it is you are eating more, feeling good, inches going down or just want to shout from the rooftops how happy you are for finding us, Share it here! Nothing is considered too small to share with the fam.
4dgu2hf9hriv.png

Do you have a longer story you would like to share with the rest of the fam? Submit your story to success@em2wl.com. And remember, you don't have to have reached your goal to be a success... We are all works in progress!

Replies

• empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    k0ojmblwwo87.jpg
  • empressichel
  • TerezaToledo
    Repost from Mary Ann (@scaryann1):

"(...) I had to jump in and say isn't it a great feeling to be putting so many more calories in and having the weight and inches drop off! I'm loving it! I have more than doubled my calorie intake in the last year and have dropped over 20 pounds and six inches off my waist! I'm still in the process of finding my TDEE. If you had told me a year ago that I would be losing at inches and pounds at 2000 calories a day, I would have laughed in your face! In fact I did laugh at my dietitian when she first said I had to eat more. She "made" me double my calorie intake the very next day, and while I have moaned and groaned about it, I haven't looked back. I'm already wondering how in the world I managed to do anything at that calorie level."
    Original thread: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10427060/my-journey-this-time-feels-right#latest

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    Originally posted by @saranharm

I have only followed em2wl for 8 months but it doesn't show in my body. But I know that I will eventually get a leaner body. I will maintain that body. In the meantime I am feeling better physically (not to mention a higher libido ;) ). I don't feel accomplished. I can't brag about how many pounds I've lost in 2016. But I am laying the foundation for the future. I truly believe that.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10422504/how-to-you-deal-with-everyones-advice#latest
  • empressichel
  • empressichel
    From Jc_wt on the EM2WL forums
    Seeing some gains in my arm muscles. Woot! Also, today I took my kids out for ice cream. I was feeling free to get an ice cream but decided against it because I had ice cream/brownies on Sunday and it gave me a nasty headache. I love being free to have one, if I want. Not compelled because I don't have self control. Not unable to get one because of a strict diet mentality. Loving myself - as I am now. Working on myself for my future (and not even necessarily aesthetic goals, but strength, endurance, and longevity). Moving in the right direction!
  • empressichel
    Originally posted by Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    update: I've been feeling really strong lately and my body seems to be shaping up differently now (finally). I have been tracking my measurements every week and have been seeing those numbers go down - I'm down about 10" since October (bust, chest, hips, waist & legs) which I'm thrilled about! PS - I had a PR on bench press last night - 1 set, 5x115# - super pumped for that! I haven't tested my bench press in about a month so I was super happy to see that many reps on a weight I hadn't tested before. My previous best was 1 set, 5x105#.
  • empressichel
    Ojimjams wrote: »
    A few gym sessions ago I was aiming to hit 60kg on my back squats. Well, in my latest leg day session I hit 70kg! I've been feeling so much stronger in the gym and smashing my original goal means the world to me. Also, just as important is that my relationship with food has done a 180° turn. Food is not my enemy. It is nourishment and it isnt something I need to fear or hate. Because I am NEVER deprived I'm not crazy around food. I dont binge on anything because Im not starving. If I want some chocolate I can have a few squares and genuinely be satisfied.No longer is there an internal battle to not have more and go crazy. No longer do I see"unhealthy" food as untouchouable either. That, for me, is the most important win thus far.

@Ojimjams YES YES YES and a little bit more YES!!!!!!
    Mental changes are the best NSV's! Followed closely by strength NSV's!!!
    You are killing those squats! Showing no mercy!
    More food = more strength. More strength = more PR's.
    Please may I quote this wonderful NSV and repost you on my news feed?
    Yeah! I am so happy reading about this!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • Ojimjams
    Ojimjams Posts: 14 Member
    @empressichel Please do feel free to use it!
  • empressichel
    Thank you @Ojimjams
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    I'm so glad I found this group. I have been hitting the 2,000 calorie intake the last couple of days. I feel satisfied all day, no desperation to find no calorie snacks at gas stations I drive by between clients. I eat mostly quality food, 80-20 mix. I have been down on the scale 2 pounds so far. I started lifting weights 2 weeks ago and no difference on scale until I added the calories. So much more energy and no food cravings, except a bit of dark chocolate at the end of my day. I have a much needed new enthusiasm for my journey!! Thank you EM2WL Ladies
  • TerezaToledo
    @beverlyriley900 I truly loved reading your post, thank you so much for sharing! Would you mind if we shared it with the EM2WL fam?

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • empressichel
    @beverlyriley900 YES! This is such a great NSV! Love everything you have said! Great thing about EM2WL is it gives you room for dark chocolate, no shame, no guilt! You'll find a lot of us here find ways to include our favourite things in each day. I'm partial to dark chocolate myself! Had some sea salt and some ginger today <3
    So glad you found this group!
    Ichel
    EM2WL Ambassador and Moderator
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    @TerezaToledo and @empressichel sure you may share it. I am enjoying learning the information you post and I just got my copy of "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" in the mail today. Hubby started reading it before I could. He likes the information in it also.
  • empressichel
    Yay! You are positively influencing others in your life already!
    Ichel
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    In the short time I have been in the group I have read and tried several things in trying to increase protein in particular, I'm now eating cottage cheese with lots of things hated it in the past, also fage yogurt I have just brought and will be trying that with some mix ins. I also brought some Skyr yogurt, I really dont like the plain variety but the fruit ones are good and really packs the protein. Thank you all for the tips keep them coming.
    A few of my mix ins are, fruit of all types but melon and grape is good, tangy Apple, raisins, nuts, jam, peanut butter, Nutella- not too much, your fav coleslaw. I'm sure there are loads more ideas out there.