How much can i lose in 2 weeks?

Hi everyone

Just joined and I need some advice on the best diet/exercise program to do for the next 2 weeks. I'm going on holiday on the 17th and want to lose as much weight before then as well as toning up. If I went to the gym every day for the next 2 weeks, will I see much of a improvement?

And before anyone starts mentioning this isn't healthy and sustainable- i know! I will be looking at a lifestyle change upon my return but this is a fix for here and now.

Much appreciated :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    It depends on your stats and the amount of a calorie deficit you have (which is the primary source of weight loss)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    Welcome to the site.

Why did you wait until two weeks beforehand to decide to do this? Two weeks isn't really enough time for much of a change.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    5lbs, maybe more if it's water. How much do you have to lose overall?
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Realistically - including water weight - maybe 5 pounds?

I would simply start a sustainable plan that can be continued on or after your trip. No need to "crash" diet.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    About half of what you can lose in four weeks.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    A pound or two? I guess if you're super small you'll maybe see a difference - but it never hurts to get started.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    start six months ago ...I would say five pounds max wen factoring in water weight.

ideally, you need to stop dieting for events like trips, vacation etc, and make long term sustainable decisions that are gong to lead to a healthy body weight and lifestyle...
  • joossy
    joossy Posts: 1 Member
    You don't want to lose much weight. The first week is pretty much water weight. But again, don't try to lose more dans 2lbs per week, or else, you will lose more than fat (muscles is very important!) and this way, you will not gain it back. I'm trying not lose too much, i fear the loose skin. Let your body feel the change or else, it will never work.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You can expect to lose up to 1% of your total body weight per week, if you do everything correctly. In other words, 2 weeks will not make any noticeable difference. But that doesn't mean 2 weeks won't make any difference.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    You aren't going to "tone up" in 2 weeks
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Including water weight...maybe 5-6 Lbs...of course that also depends on how much you actually have to lose...if it's not much, you're not going to lose much in two weeks.

You aren't going to "tone up" or anything like that in two weeks though...if it were that easy everyone would be rocking a beach body.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Including water weight...maybe 5-6 Lbs...of course that also depends on how much you actually have to lose...if it's not much, you're not going to lose much in two weeks.

You aren't going to "tone up" or anything like that in two weeks though...if it were that easy everyone would be rocking a beach body.

but i want a six pack by labor day weekend......
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    No one can give you any semblance of an answer to this question without knowing your stats.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Calculate your TDEE at tdeecalculator.net. Include the assumption that you will be very active with whatever extreme hours of intense physical exertion it allows you to choose. That is your daily TDEE with the gym exercise you propose. Multiply that number by 14. Divide that product by 3500. For grins I'll say that's about 10 lb of fat you could burn off if you ate nothing for 2 weeks and engaged in extreme physical exertion. Enjoy your holiday.
  • Return2Fit
    Return2Fit Posts: 226 Member
    edited September 2016
    Plan on losing 2 pounds.
    That's 1 [one] pound per week. And continue that week after week until you reach your goals.
    That's the smart path to steady, safe and lasting results.
    The "fast weight loss" road is a fast lane to failure. Just decide whether you're really willing to make health and weight management a priority beyond what you can lose in 2 weeks.
    Good Luck
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

but i want a six pack by labor day weekend......

You will have to go to a package store for that. An old classmate of mine is brewmaster at Revolver, so get a case of Blood and Honey.