Banana's, Good or Bad?

1235»

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    There are good things you can do with bananas and there are bad things you can do with bananas.

There's other niche websites for that sort of thing.
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    cityruss wrote: »
    There are good things you can do with bananas and there are bad things you can do with bananas.

There's other niche websites for that sort of thing.

In China, it's illegal to eat one on camera.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Lost 55 pounds eating a banana or more daily. What'd you ask?

I lost 18 pounds eating a banana a day. I blended it with whey protein isolate and milk. I drink it before my workout. It works like a charm
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    If you want the Mars bar eat the Mars bar, if you want the banana eat the banana. What i don't suggest is substituting one for the other. *Bananas are all good though, don't sweat the natural sugar content. I've yet to come across a natural source of food which is bad for a fully functioning human body.
    Well an over consumption of certain fruits can cause a massive laxative effect. I don't count that as good.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    i eat banana nice cream for breakfast probably 4 or 5 days a week and thats like 3 bananas in just that plus the fresh berries and nice cereals i put on top

so anyway yes i love bananas they are good
  • AveyHam
    AveyHam Posts: 70 Member
    salembambi wrote: »
    i eat banana nice cream for breakfast probably 4 or 5 days a week and thats like 3 bananas in just that plus the fresh berries and nice cereals i put on top

This. I can't imagine not having a banana in my morning green smoothie they're great for you (:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,382 Member
    Return2Fit wrote: »
    chapiano wrote: »
    An average Banana contains around 150 cal and about 30g of sugar (which is the same that's in an average sized mars bar) It doubles the sugar and cal that you find in most other fruits portions.

I eat three bananas every day, and oh, by the way, you die without sugar.
    Were you aware of this? Yes, too much is bad just like too much sun is bad, but try living without the sun... :p

You die without sugar? Really? Really?!

Got any claims to back that up?
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member

Nice cream for breakfast? Why have I never thought of this, especially with cereal on it? That sounds like tomorrow's breakfast plan! Thanks. :)
  • AveyHam
    AveyHam Posts: 70 Member
    "You die without sugar? Really? Really?!

Got any claims to back that up?"

You can survive without sugar but you will eventually die if you cut out all forms of all carbs from your diet
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Banana is very good for you, I don't eat it when I'm trying to lose weight but if your meal plan have room for a banana then eat it post workout, the body will use the sugar and carbs to replace the glycogen used during the workout and it won't be stored as fat.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    I love bananas ... I eat 1-2 each day.

They're really good on toast with nutella and honey. :):) YUM!!
  • emmagamblin976
    emmagamblin976 Posts: 10 Member
    I love a banana as a preworkout snack,1.5-2hrs before both strength & cardio sessions. Otherwise I don't normally touch them.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2016
    Return2Fit wrote: »
    chapiano wrote: »
    An average Banana contains around 150 cal and about 30g of sugar (which is the same that's in an average sized mars bar) It doubles the sugar and cal that you find in most other fruits portions.

I eat three bananas every day, and oh, by the way, you die without sugar.
    Were you aware of this? Yes, too much is bad just like too much sun is bad, but try living without the sun... :p

You die without sugar? Really? Really?!

Got any claims to back that up?

Well, you would, but conveniently your body doesn't need sugar to make sugar, so that's not the same thing as saying you die if you stop ingesting sugar.

Not that I think a diet devoid of all sugar is likely to be healthful, as that would mean no vegetables, among many other foods, but because it is so important your body can make do without it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Bananas good. Bananas dipped in chocolate better.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member

Nice cream for breakfast? Why have I never thought of this, especially with cereal on it? That sounds like tomorrow's breakfast plan! Thanks. :)

oh yea i love natures path vanilla crunch cereal on top or really any cereal i have sometimes ill do two or three different ones