Food Preparation - including photos

Does anyone find prepping food in advance helps? I plan & prepare all my Bfast/ snacks/ lunch and write a menu for evening meals to ensure I stay on track. Would love to hear what others are making & see photos.

Replies

• emmagamblin976
    emmagamblin976 Posts: 10 Member
    Breakfast, lunch & two snacks for 6 days. I have slightly higher carb snacks on strength training days. Breakfast - Egg whites (not pictured) with veges, salmon & higher protein cheese. Lunch - shredded chicken, sweet potato and veges. Training day Snack - mocha protein muffins, banana & oat bar. Cardio/ rest day snack - quest bar, strawberries & yog. On the 7th day I macro track a refeed day!!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I don't make complete meals in advance - but I meal plan and prep components - I freeze meat/fish and then defrost meat/fish/vegs and soak grains/beans the night before, I cut up fruit and vegs that are suitable for cutting up in advance, slice and freeze bananas for smoothies and bread for toast.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10386508/my-meals-w-pics#latest
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Wow, Emma you are organized! I'm here looking for ideas and inspiration to meal plan more effectively. Thanks for posting your routine.

How much time does it take to do your meal planning and prepping?
  • emmagamblin976
    emmagamblin976 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Basilin,
    It normally takes me 20-30 mins to plan the meals, depending on how long I spend looking for new ideas. I generally only change up my meal types every few months as I get bored of them. Then the cooking takes 1-2 hours on Sunday arvo which including cooking my Sunday refeed dinner! I use this time to catch up on my fav TV shows or YouTube videos so it flies by. If I am pressed for time, I'll make slight changes or buy some more prepared snacks eg, quest bars instead of baking muffins.
    Here are some more photos of other meal preps I've done.
    Thanks,
    Em
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I've been freezer cooking for 8 years. Make a meal, portion, freeze. We also do components.

ubpjy4c8gndb.jpg

Zucchini/chicken nuggets and turkey/zucchini meatballs ready to be flash frozen and then transferred to bags.
    217xbp6xj2or.jpg

7c3pffmo0lml.jpg

2bl1m3kr8w0a.jpg

6d5ivl7320zz.jpg

e649m8agrzth.jpg

Cauliflower/cheese sauce
    mfyeuneo3rui.jpg

I have a ton of pics of my soups, stews, chilis, curries, but they're just in the pot and not ladled into containers yet.