21 Day No Junk Food Challenge....

Hi,
I was just wandering if anyone has ever completed or tried it?

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    I don't think I could even go 21 hours lol.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    I tried and learned that I lack the will power to continue it for more than two days & the folks around me were very happy when I gave it up, lol.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    What's junk food?
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    What's junk food?

Exactly. It isn't junk if I stay within my macros for the day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Yeah, what's junk food (to you), and what happens on day 22?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Never tried it, and if it's what's been posted here before the rules didn't make sense to me and I'm kind of over challenges that involve cutting out foods for a period of time. I have done similar things in the past (personal no added sugar challenge and a gym challenge), so it's not that hard, IMO, but I think focusing on changing habits and figuring out what works long-term is a better idea (for me, anyway) than a limited period challenge. I do see the benefit it you are trying to drastically change habits (I have mostly cut out animal products from time to time to get out of a rut of including them in every meal and to make me think about how to meet macros without them), but if you already eat a healthful diet with "junk" food (I'm assuming I know what you mean) in moderation, I don't see the benefit.

The no added sugar thing was interesting to me because I was curious if I would feel differently and if it would be hard. For me, I didn't and it wasn't, although the fact I mostly cook at home and knew it was temporary was part of that.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Define junk food. What exactly is the point of this challenge? Can I eat 3,000 calories out non junk food a day then? I guess I don't get it.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Hi,

Yep, I haven't had what I call junk food in 4 months, so done it many times over.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    edited September 2016
    IIRC this is the one:

8f9c82199f2877c752e17dffc368ea70.jpg

I don't really understand the peanut butter thing, but I think I could probably do it. I don't eat a lot of that stuff frequently enough to where it would really be a challenge.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    It sounds....sad.
    It's pointless. And what happens after day 21?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Apparently white bread is junk food. Heh.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Yes, doable, but sad, pointless and arbitrary.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Apparently white bread is junk food. Heh.

So is peanut butter, butter, etc
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Definitely not a fan of arbitrary, time bounce challenges, which don't seem to have a direct benefit... And definitely not a fan of labeling foods as "junk".

OP what were you hoping to accomplish with this challenge? If weight loss, you can likely achieve that without cutting out any of these foods if you set an appropriate calorie goal, eat a primarily nutrient dense diet, and work in treats if they fit within your calorie goal. If one of these is a particular "trigger" food for you that you have difficulty moderating, I would focus on specifically that type of food and work on learning the best way to control your intake (whether long or short term abstinence or moderation of the food).

Likely not going to get a lot of support for "Pinterest" initiated eating plans here.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    I could do it if I wanted to but I don't want to. I can include servings into my calorie goal and still lose/maintain so there wouldn't be a point to it (for me).
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    I like cookies. So I will eat them. And still lose weight.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Hi,

Define junk food, please. Everybody's perception is different.