Questions, Struggles, Progress

123457»

Replies

• rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Did week 6 day 3 of c25k last night. 25 minute run, went pretty good. More than I ever would have thought I'd be able to do :)
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    That's amazing @rickc74 !! Great job!
  • Brittles927
    @Eava57 I really need to lose my sugar cravings so that may be the program for me haha! :)
  • Brittles927
    Yesterday I decided to hit the treadmill, it's been disgustingly humid outside so I've been avoiding walking outside.

Decided to push myself just a bit and thought, I'm going to run 2 laps on the treadmill (half mile) I've only previously ran for 5 minutes at a time. I got my 2 laps done and then decided to push for another, and then another. I ran for 1 mile straight - I've never done that before! Huge huge moment for me.

My time isn't great, 13:30 mile, and I'm not looking to improve my time just yet but to improve my endurance. I'm going to try to add another lap every time I do it, until I can do a 5K :)
  • rickc74
    That's awesome, great work! I don't really LOVE running, but I love accomplishing the run, and beating the challenge :)
  • Brittles927
    Hahaha same here!! The feeling you get after accomplishing the run is incredible. It's kind of like that with any exercise, like, I don't like to workout but I like to HAVE worked out. :D
  • rickc74
    Lol. I don't mind weights/resistance training. Running is kind of a pain - but I'm looking forward to finishing a 5k run. I remember cursing at the program at the start, waiting for my 90 second runs to be over. Now I don't do that until minute 27 :)
  • rickc74
    Did my first 30 minute run tonight on the treadmill. Tried it outside yesterday, but it was too hot for me. I'll try to do the next couple outdoors.
  • rickc74
    edited September 2016
    Got some new jeans today - down to a 34 waist. I started at 40-42 depending on the pants. It's been a loooooong time since I fit into 34s :)
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    rickc74 wrote: »
    Got some new jeans today - down to a 34 waist. I started at 40-42 depending on the pants. It's been a loooooong time since I fit into 34s :)

Amazing!!
  • rickc74

Amazing!!

I'm pretty pumped! And I can't wait for them to be too big...

• rickc74
    I ran 5k last night. At this point, I'm doing it every other day. I never would have believed it before starting C25K. Last night, though - I felt sluggish, as I had 12,000 steps in before I started my run. I was fighting it from the start, I didn't think I'd be able to finish. I was tired, legs were sore, it was kinda warm out, yada yada. I told myself that I had to do at least 1k. When that was done, I settled on doing 2k before stopping. Then 3. Then I might as well do 4. Once I hit 4, there was no stopping me until I got my 5k complete. I felt really good finishing this one, probably the best I've felt since the first time I completed a 5k run. Not only did I get past my body and brain not really wanting to do it, but I did it at my fastest pace yet. Yay for perserverance!
  • typeitdaily
    typeitdaily Posts: 3,323 Member
    I ran 5k last night. At this point, I'm doing it every other day. I never would have believed it before starting C25K. Last night, though - I felt sluggish, as I had 12,000 steps in before I started my run. I was fighting it from the start, I didn't think I'd be able to finish. I was tired, legs were sore, it was kinda warm out, yada yada. I told myself that I had to do at least 1k. When that was done, I settled on doing 2k before stopping. Then 3. Then I might as well do 4. Once I hit 4, there was no stopping me until I got my 5k complete. I felt really good finishing this one, probably the best I've felt since the first time I completed a 5k run. Not only did I get past my body and brain not really wanting to do it, but I did it at my fastest pace yet. Yay for perserverance!

Amazing! Great job!
  • rickc74
    edited September 2016
  • rickc74
    How are things going for eveyone lately? I'm tightening up on my eating again. I'd like to get down to around 170-175 by Christmas. Should be doable.
  • Brittles927
    @rickc74 that's awesome congrats!

Sometimes the best work outs are the ones you do when you almost didn't even do one! I think for me it's some psyche thing - almost like you could stop any time because you wouldn't have done it anyway, so going the extra mile (literally in your case) is a bonus so you keep pushing :)
  • rickc74
    This is true. I was really happy with myself on that one :).

Banged out another run last nite. Slower this time, but I'm not super concerned with speed at this point.
  • rickc74
    How is everyone making out the last couple weeks? The group has been pretty slow.
    Things are progressing well for me. I'm down 61lbs total now, and getting a little more comfortable eating treats, as long as they stay within my calorie goal. I'm sticking with the running, 5k every other day. It burns soooooo many calories, it really helps. I notice my leg muscles so much more now as well :).
    Hope things are going well for all of you as well.