Shout outs to Joe (Let's embarrass/thank Joe thread)...pls. add more

OMADing1
OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
Hey dude!

Listen, I just looked at myself in the mirror a few minutes ago, and ya know what? For YEARSSSSSSSSS, I've had the most, ummm...unattractive and unhealthy looking dark circles under my eyes. I've tried just about EVERYTHING to get rid of them and nothing helped, I've tried for years and years and YEARS.

Thanks to this tremendous OMAD lifestyle--the dark circles are GONE, my under-eye area is fabulous looking now--dare I say I'm looking much YOUNGER and healthier and I feel so much younger and healthier too. I attribute this, not only to OMAD way of eating, but your admonishing me to BE SURE to get at least 25 minutes of sunshine EVERYDAY, I firmly believe the sunshine time walks I've been doing has helped me so much in the area of vitamin D (or something), that again, my dark circles are completely gone!!!!!! THANK YOU JOE, FOR TELLING ME TO GET 25 MINUTES OF SUNSHINE DAILY.

I was washing clothes the other day, and one of my rings fell off--my hands/fingers are getting so much slimmer. My walking daily is now a delight instead of a chore. I LOVE walking super slow and have discovered the slower I walk (taking in the sights, smell, sounds and thinking really really good and positive things), the more steps I get--WOW! Also, as I'm doing my snail's pace walking, when I see older or heavy set people trying to run or walking really fast, it causes me to walk even more slower and I love that!

Also, the "lazy and apathetic spirit" that completely controlled me is GONE. I love getting out and about now and I can't stand being a "couch potato" anymore. Now, I'm cleaning everything in sight, s-l-o-w-l-y and purposefully taking my time and enjoying being active instead of the bump on a log I had come to be and do daily. Plus, daily cleaning, gardening and such low-light/moderate exertion cleaning and such is burning additional STRESS-FREE/LOW heart-rate burns TONS of major calories too and It's MARVELOUS!!!!

Also, while I'm thanking/embarrassing you, let me tell you...DUDE, when I first started OMAD, I was 219.8lbs, now my weight is creeping into the low 190's and where I was barely squeezing into a size 22w, BARELY when I started a little over two months ago--as of today, Day 71 of OMADing, I'm not only firmly fitting into a size 18 (that's TWO pant sizes down), the the 18w is fitting well and I have a bit of room in them and in the very near future, will be going down another pant size lower, size 16w. My only regret is that I've now got so many size 22s and 20s clothes I need to get rid of. (Oh, the problems of getting slim and healthy, the trials and tribulations of going from obese to overweight to healthy BMI :( WOE is me-- NOT!!! o:) ) I'm eating whatever I want on my OMAD, and that's what's so fabulous--what I want, my choices are plentiful and super delicious. I'm no longer a SLAVE to snacking and tons of junk--I'm totally in control of myself in the area of sugar and junk foods now, and if I get a hankering to have some, I'll fit it into my meal time and calories for the day, period. I'm eating out at restaurants I love a lot and still losing scale weight and TONS of inches. OMAD is now a lifestyle for me and NOT A DIET, period. Once again, Thank you Joe and how are you doing and feeling?

OMAD peeps, PLS. add your thoughts on what OMAD is doing to and for you and your life and how Joe has helped you and how you're doing and feeling on OMAD too, okay?

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Joe inspired me to try OMAD when I read his story. I had considered doing a fasting diet on my own and didn't know anything about it. I googled it and found out there was a whole world of people doing fasting diets. I found Joe's story and thought if it didn't kill him I should be alright doing it and if it worked for him it should for me. I've adapted some stuff for myself but I stick to about a 21 hour fast 6xweek as a goal (been really good making the goal lately). I thought his story was very inspirational in informative! This forum has been very good for me also to learn and share.

What it has done for me:
    1. Blood pressure 14x/9x to 11x/7x
    2. Fasting blood sugar 100-109 to 8x
    3. Weight 252 to 206
    4. Energy before - felt bad and didn't feel like exercising, after - look forwards to exercising and have a LOT more energy even in the evenings.
    5. Don't get sick nearly as much and allergies are much less sevier than they used to be.
    6. Don't snore anymore
    7. Don't get acid reflux when I go to bed at night anymore
    8. Gained a lot of knowledge
    9. Able to run again
    9. More than I'm thinking of right now
  • AdalineIF
    AdalineIF Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2016
    :) Me:

As I've already said in my first message on this forum, listening his videos made me realize what mistakes I've made in the last months of trying OMAD and why I have not succeed until now.

I've uploaded to my blog 3 charts of my weight evolution in the last 3.5 years (on short text version: first 18 months: up, up, up, and then: lose 2-3 kg, binge 2-3 kg, repeat for 20 months). All this time (2015-2016) I knew about Joe's weight loss story and OMAD, I tried it MANY times, but never succeed more than 2 days in a row, and those usually followed by epic binges.
    But now, after being dedicated for 2 weeks to my weight loss experiment (daily 20-23 hours fasting), my record is 7 days and counting. Zero binge.

What happened in the last weeks that changed me? Well... more Joe, of course. :) And to be exact:

Death is Not Quick: Why I Finally Chose to Drop the Big Pounds

https://youtu.be/U1oHGleHaMY

What I Learned About Success in Life From Intermittent Fasting

https://youtu.be/H9Elw-Z9Ers

How to Troubleshoot Your Stalled Weight Loss Progress

https://youtu.be/VYzjxLT5XBA

And now there is no doubt in my mind that starting now I'm gonna reverse ALL that weight gain from 2013-2014. Just watch me! :)

And again, thank you Joe!

• blambo61
    10. Saved a lot of money by not buying lunches or afternoon snacks.
  • OMADing1
    kxu5rxwg1y0y.png

You are more than welcomed and thank you buddy!!!
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Thank you so much Joe!!! I've tried several diets through the years and I might stick with it for a little bit and then I just can't keep on. It's just too hard. Or I'll try it and I end up cheating. I just love food too much. That's why I like this diet so much. At first it was kind of like OH MY GOSH, how do I not eat till dinner time? But after just a couple days it got easier and now it's a breeze most days. And when I see the weight loss I am just amazed! I can't believe how easy it really is and I still get to eat things I love! THANK YOU JOE!!!!!!!!
  • OMADing1
    edited September 2016
    Sorry, but this is worthy of a "repeat"....

<3 NO.MORE.DARK.CIRCLES.UNDER.MY.EYES <3o:)YAYIFICATIONS all around o:) (as Vro would say). Thanks again Joe for highly recommending "daily sunshine time".

ETA: AND I've got some tremendous looking strong muscles in my calfs too--from all my "sunshine time" slow walking AND the worrisome "jiggly" :o underarm fat is diminshing greatly, more and more each day--I LOVE THAT!!
  • OMADing1
    edited September 2016
    Today is my 12th week (88 days) of doing living OMAD and I've lost 29.6 pounds thus far, that's approximately/on average 2.47lbs of FAT (not mere water weight) and tons of inches FOREVER gone off of my body per week--that's nothing less than outstanding and encouraging to me. Most weight loss programs say that 2lbs per week is excellent progress and the "most" a person should lose to be "healthy". My losing approximately/on average 2.47lbs per week proves to me that OMAD is NOT extreme in the least, it's effective, it's better than average and just plain efficient too. OMAD is not merely working for me, it's helping me to not only become slimmer in body, but more confident, self-controlled, better inter-personal relationships( helping me become more humble, grateful/thankful AND listening to others more/caring more about others/more "selfless" if that makes sense) and mentally sharper too and I'm so thankful for that! The rate of approximately/on average 2.47lbs per week is not only healthy to and for me, it's causing the skin on my body to continue to be tight/taut and hard (DARE I say muscular B) ) --not loose/flabby nor soft--As I reduce in size, I'm seeing and feeling MUSCLES all over my once soft flabby body and Everything is snapping into place at this rate of weight loss--I'm super grateful for that!

I've got a long way yet to go, about 50 more pounds to permanently release/FIRED from my body (from 219.8lbs to 140lbs and about 18.5% more body fat to lose (from 51% body fat to 20% body fat). I'm all about the long-haul, the lifestyle and not in a hurry at all, but the rate of loss is so inspirational to me.

Also, when I told one of my friends about OMAD ( and the recommended sunshine time daily) not merely reducing the dark circles under my eyes, but actually has completely restored the natural color under my eyes to match my face...she said it's because the sun had tanned my skin. Well, my tan has truly faded and the dark circles are COMPLETELY GONE
    o:)4032785o:)
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    That's an awfully cute bunny there! Must be how you feel about now!
  • OMADing1
    edited September 2016
    That's an awfully cute bunny there! Must be how you feel about now!

:smiley: Isn't it though, and that's EXACTLY how I feel!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    You're doing great. You inspire me to keep going because it won't be long before I get to where you are. I'm glad your body is changing too. That's always a bonus with weight loss. I'm probably much older than you and I hope my skin won't be too big of a problem. Whatever happens I'll be thrilled.
  • OMADing1
    You're doing great. You inspire me to keep going because it won't be long before I get to where you are. I'm glad your body is changing too. That's always a bonus with weight loss. I'm probably much older than you and I hope my skin won't be too big of a problem. Whatever happens I'll be thrilled.

THANK YOU Linda o:)

Isn't that terrific, it's so much FUN and wonderful to be inspirational!!!!! I'm much older than you think, I wouldn't be surprised if we're the same age.
  • blambo61
    You sure are doing well! Thanks for the update!
  • OMADing1
    blambo61 wrote: »
    You sure are doing well! Thanks for the update!

Thanks Bob--this OMAD life is quite the thrilling adventure, that's for sure!
  • OMADing1
    Thank again Joe! o:)
  • OMADing1
    edited October 2016
    I have tears in my eyes as I type this...

I love a certain Japanese designer's pj's and caftans, and the selection for plus sizes are often slim picking (gone FAST), no where near as beautiful as the "regular" sizes. Anyhoo, I ordered two of them last week--an extra large one (regular sizing) and a medium (regular sizing). I got them today, and the medium looks and fits soooooo well. There is but a teeny tiny bulge in my tummy area, but it FITS and looks and feels fantastic. My husband says I look gorgeous in it!

Tried on the extra large, and it's just looks "frumpy" on me (even though it's beautiful). the sleeves and over-all look on me is just NO....it's just too big for me and words can NOT describe how very THRILLED I am to be wearing a size medium in ANYTHING. I'm wearing as I type. Now I haven't been able to wear a size medium in ANYTHING for more years than I care to count. This designer does NOT make "vanity sizing" at all--though this style of garment is purposely designed to be full-generous fit/relaxing/flowy/drapy fit. The fit is true to size in the greater majority of all of the many caftans/loungers/gowns I have. I haven't even been able to fit this designers size XL for YEARS AND YEARS!!!

Also, I'm wearing clothes in my closet that I NEVER wore, because they made me look like I was :'( 20 months pregnant :# --no more, my old clothes (which were way too small and ill fitting on me for many years, but I kept for some reason and I'm GLAD I did) are now fitting me so well, it's tremendous!

I'M WEARING A SIZE MEDIUM, EVEN NOW AS I TYPE ....WOW this is CRAZY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o:) Thank you Joe!!! o:) Now, I'm NOT a size medium in everything AT ALL, but to know I'm in a size medium caftan is thrilling and mind bogglingly GOOD to me!!!!

I'm going to repost this on my thread--I'm humbled and thrilled beyond expectations. Even though my official weight in was yesterday, I'm also down another pound today o:) YAY!!!!

ETA: I'm sending the extra large back!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    :):):)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    I think Joe knows how I feel about him. I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for his direction. His words have sunk into my soul and caused me to become the person I never thought I'd be again. Thank you Joe!!

OMADing ~ You are an amazing woman. So honest and up front with your feelings. It touches me deeply. Congrats on the 1 pound loss. Wear the medium proudly. You deserve it!

• OMADing1
    I think Joe knows how I feel about him. I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for his direction. His words have sunk into my soul and caused me to become the person I never thought I'd be again. Thank you Joe!!

OMADing ~ You are an amazing woman. So honest and up front with your feelings. It touches me deeply. Congrats on the 1 pound loss. Wear the medium proudly. You deserve it!

Like Joe said... :):):)

P.S. 293983cf00f8576a3af5f8c1d67efc48.jpg
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    As an OMAD newbie, I am inordinately grateful to Joe. It's hard to find coherent information on this type of regimen on the internet; yet here it is, all in one place. There is simply no platform for OMAD like that which Joe has created, between this MFP forum and his YT videos. Thanks again, Joe.