When to weigh/measure

So I measured myself all around and weighed myself on Sunday (my first day of dieting and exercising). When do you suggest doing it again to see progress? I know some people say don't do it at all, but I'm the kind of person that needs to see something whether it's on my stomach or on the measuring tape. Should I wait a week? A month? Is it bad to check already just to see if it's made a difference?

Replies

• tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    I weigh myself every morning and log it on here as well as Weightgrapher - so I can see the trend over time.
    I did measure myself once when I started the first time over 2 years ago - but never managed to do it again.
    My main concern was how would I know I was measuring the exact same spot as the first time and getting an accurate reading? But that is only me.

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    I take measurements every 2-4 weeks when I do my daily weigh in so that conditions are relatively the same.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Weigh yourself as much as you feel comfortable doing so, whether that's daily/weekly/biweekly/monthly/never/etc. Measurements I always took once a month, because that felt like enough time to see some change.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    I weigh myself daily, chart in in Excel, and am only concerned that the overall trend stays down. Because of weighing daily, I learned that I gain water weight at ovulation in addition to right before my TOM.

I take measurements infrequently - some areas @ once per month, others less.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Pick a day and time and do it at the same time every week. My weight fluctuates significantly because I eat whatever I want on the weekends, so the only time I care what I weigh is Friday morning when I step out of the shower.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    I would measure once per month. I weigh daily, but I don't take the fluctuations seriously because I can see the trend.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    I weigh every morning right when I get up, pee, weigh naked. I keep a daily log of it and then also track my 7 day running average. The thing to keep in mind is weight loss is not linear. You will fluctuate day to day. I measure a few areas from time to time just to see what's going on there. de2g2rdbklpo.png