Desserts for weight loss

Anyone have any great suggestions or advice on sweet cravings and desserts to satisfy that quench, without all the sugar and fat

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Sugar free jello, pudding, a small brownie.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Sugar free chocolate pudding, a spoon of peanut butter. Dip.
    Oh, without fat? Sugar free chocolate pudding with whipped cream.
    Enlightened mint chocolate chip ice cream bars are pretty satisfying too.
    http://www.eatenlightened.com/product-slider/
    And always, dark chocolate.
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Medjool dates are very sweet. I also like ripe figs, golden delicious apples drizzled with honey, peeled, seeded, thin sliced oranges drizzled with light olive oil and dusted with honey (a traditional dessert from Cordoba, Spain).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2016
    I eat typical desserts if I have calories left over. I do try and have chocolate or ice cream every day if it is around.

If I don't have calories left over, I go for sugar free puddings or yogurts.
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Plain greek yogurt + chocolate protein powder + raspberries = sweet and a huge wallop of protein
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Skyr and berries or banana. Good protein too.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Any dessert that lets you stay in a caloric deficit.

One of my favorites- Halo Top ice cream.
  • Ninjaeema
    Ninjaeema Posts: 21 Member
    I love Skinny Cow chocolate truffle bars. They're really tasty, and only have 100 calories, with 2.5 grams of fat.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I have really been loving this frozen yogurt lately:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/purple-cow-peach-frozen-yogurt-156995246

I don't know if that qualifies as low enough sugar for you.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Look up low carb dessert recipes. They tend to be a little kinder on the calories.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Usually desserts that are low fat are high in sugar and vice versa, but the best desserts are high in both. Everything in moderation
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    janjunie wrote: »
    Everything in moderation

That's my mantra. Last night I had a big slice of homemade cheesecake topped with berries for dessert.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2016
    Nothing besides a calorie deficit creates weight loss. You can eat anything and lose weight, as long as you take in fewer calories than you burn/expend. Anything can be eaten in moderation, also sweets and desserts. And because everything should be eaten in moderation, you can eat normal sweets and desserts, and they will normally contain sugar and/or fat, and that's okay because they aren't supposed to make up a big part of anyone's diet anyway. If you can eat sweets and desserts in moderation, eat normal sweets and desserts, but in moderation.

If you have problems with cravings, as in, they don't go away when you eat what you crave, they just grow, and you can never get enough, it can be better to avoid those items, at least not try to eat them regularly. Substitutions will just feed those cravings, and you will still crave what you crave.
  • izzyrhunt
    izzyrhunt Posts: 25 Member
    Marshmallows are actually low in calories especially Kroger brand (18 cal per marshmallow)
    You could also freeze yogurt and have frozen yogurt pops
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited September 2016
    Chobani flips. They do have sugar, but not quite as much as other desserts, and lower in fat as well. Even plain Greek yogurt with fruit and chocolate pieces could hit the target.
    There are also plenty of low calorie, portion controlled ice cream treats like fudgesicles or skinny cow.
    Also agree with kommodevaran regarding moderation, though. Maybe just get what you'd want for dessert, but a smaller portion than normal of it, and eat it slowly and deliberately. Sometimes I make a game with myself to see how long I can make a dessert last.
  • rsully316
    rsully316 Posts: 2 Member
    I blend bananas, berries and a little oj and put it in some Popsicle molds. Feels like ice cream, sweet, and most of the combos I've made are around 100 calories.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    fresh fruit. or fruit added to plain yogurt. then there are the occasional splurge days ... lol.