is Almond milk better with or without vanilla?

Deoxzi
Deoxzi Posts: 26 Member
edited September 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Do you guys prefer the unsweetened version with or without vanilla?

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited September 2016
    I consume almond milk for the calories so I usually just get the unsweetened original. Sometimes I'll have my dad pick it up for me and he'll accidentally get the unsweetened vanilla version and I honestly can't taste a difference so I stick with the original. I've tried the sweetened vanilla and it's pretty good, but not worth the calories to me. If I'm going for vanilla flavored milk I have yet to find one I like more than Silk's very vanilla soy milk, but that has quite a bit more calories, it's hard to beat 30!
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    I prefer the unsweetened vanilla (30 calories per cup) but I only use it in my cereal every morning. It might make a difference if you're drinking it plain.
  • Ashley083
    Ashley083 Posts: 15 Member
    I like the unsweetened vanilla
  • Deoxzi
    Yea I usually just sweeten mine with truvia so its 0 extra calories added.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I can't decide actually. I definitely only drink the 30 calorie per serving either unsweetened vanilla or regular. I used to the the vanilla was better but now I think the regular works better in shakes.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Unsweetened vanilla, i cant handle plain Almond. I only use Almond milk mixed with regular milk, i cant drink any variety straight :confounded:
  • arditarose
    Unsweetened vanilla, i cant handle plain Almond. I only use Almond milk mixed with regular milk, i cant drink any variety straight :confounded:

Do you not like the way it tastes? It just tastes like water to me. The only reason I use it instead of water is that it does at least give some texture to a shake.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Unsweetened with vanilla :) Can't beat 30 cals a cup, and tasty as hell.
  • Christine_72
    arditarose wrote: »

Do you not like the way it tastes? It just tastes like water to me. The only reason I use it instead of water is that it does at least give some texture to a shake.

I don't like the way it tastes. It's like water with a slight taste of something lol I only use it to cut down on calories and to reduce my cows milk consumption (i drink a lot), as it messes with my skin if i drink too much. I just make a mix of 200ml normal milk and 350ml vanilla almond milk every morning and use that in my cuppas throughout the day, it took me ages to get used to it though.
  • arditarose

I don't like the way it tastes. It's like water with a slight taste of something lol I only use it to cut down on calories and to reduce my cows milk consumption (i drink a lot), as it messes with my skin if i drink too much. I just make a mix of 200ml normal milk and 350ml vanilla almond milk every morning and use that in my cuppas throughout the day, it took me ages to get used to it though.

Oh yeah. But you really like milk as well. I don't drink milk so I'm not comparing it to milk...if that makes sense.
  • Christine_72
    Oh and at $3.80 for 1 *kitten* Litre of Almond milk, i couldn't afford to solely drink it anyway.
  • Christine_72

Oh yeah. But you really like milk as well. I don't drink milk so I'm not comparing it to milk...if that makes sense.

I love Milk, too much. And yes, there is absolutely no comparison to Almond 'water'
  • Deoxzi
    Maybe you would

I love Milk, too much. And yes, there is absolutely no comparison to Almond 'water'

Maybe you would like cashew milk better its more creamier
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Oh and at $3.80 for 1 *kitten* Litre of Almond milk, i couldn't afford to solely drink it anyway.

http://www.mercyforanimals.org/congressional-disagreement-exposes-true-cost-of-milk
  • Christine_72
    Deoxzi wrote: »
    Maybe you would

Maybe you would like cashew milk better its more creamier

I've looked everywhere for plain cashew milk here, we dont have it. We have Almond/cashew milk but that's just as watery and tasteless as almond milk.
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 79 Member
    I like unsweetened vanilla. I usually use it in overnight oats, or my ezekiel bread french toast, or the occasional protein shake.
  • Christine_72
    edited September 2016
    I like the sweetened vanilla almond milk, but again too expensive here as a sole source of milk, plus it has pretty much the same amount of calories as cows milk but minus the protein..
    tapwaters wrote: »

http://www.mercyforanimals.org/congressional-disagreement-exposes-true-cost-of-milk

Is this some type of graphic cruelty site?? Please let me know before i click on it...
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Blue Diamond Almond Breeze-unsweetened vanilla.
    I tried many brands and this was the best tasting one to me.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    I actually like the taste of plain unsweetened almond milk. The vanilla tastes too fake to me- but maybe I haven't tried the right brand :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Plain unsweetened here. I use it for protein shakes, cereal, etc. I don't drink it by the glass.