40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    STS BACK & Triceps done. THAT was an awesome workout!
  • exr_nick
    exr_nick Posts: 16 Member
    b3achy wrote: »
    @MiamiSeoul - glad you are doing better now. Sometimes it's good to get it all out, and have that pity party and some indulging, and then get back on track. You can make it work! You can do it!!

@exr_nick & @Djproulx - have you tried compression sleeves for your plantar fasciitis issues? Some of them are garbage (like the copper ones), but the ones by Feetures! helped me a lot. I wore them for about 6-9 months, and currently I don't have PF problems anymore. I did have some issues with them where I had to take them off if they got too tight/restrictive especially if I tried to wear them to sleep (so I'd pull them off in the middle of the night), but they helped me stay pretty active. I've not had PF issues for nearly a year now, I really think they helped me get through it faster. Of course, the rolling ice bottles were helpful too.

I've tried features/boots/cortisone/PT. none of those did anything for me. I did get significant relief with ART however. I still am very careful to keep myiles down at least for now
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    An hour @ the gym plus Day 2 of 100 reps squats & 100 reps knee push ups done. 28 days to go, see how far I can go :D
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 X2 Shoulders + Arms & X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    [quote="b3achy;37669635@exr_nick & @Djproulx - have you tried compression sleeves for your plantar fasciitis issues? Some of them are garbage (like the copper ones), but the ones by Feetures! helped me a lot. I wore them for about 6-9 months, and currently I don't have PF problems anymore. I did have some issues with them where I had to take them off if they got too tight/restrictive especially if I tried to wear them to sleep (so I'd pull them off in the middle of the night), but they helped me stay pretty active. I've not had PF issues for nearly a year now, I really think they helped me get through it faster. Of course, the rolling ice bottles were helpful too.[/quote]

@b3achy - I often wear CEP compression sleeves on my calves to help with soleus and achilles support, but I don't wear the sock type sleeves on my feet. I have custom orthotics in my running shoes that help my feet. My daily post workout routine is to do lower leg/foot rolling with a lacrosse ball usually followed by the frozen water bottle rolling. Finally, I get massages regularly that help with chronically tight and sore muscle groups.

• MJFSH
    Strength: STS Legs, loved it!

Cardio: evening walks with the puppy still ongoing!

Nutrition: i feel like I'm all over the map with what i eat and don't! have been under my calorie limit, but not focusing much on macros, which is not good! have to get my game back together soon!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Guys in spite of everything going on, I lost 2.5 pounds this week placing me (by a thin hair) at 199.9 - ONEderland!!! (Even with my Pop Chips, mixed nuts & Beets & Sweets chip binge on Tuesday!)

I did have my follow-up with my doctor today who blew a gasket when she found out I didn't start the Crestor she ordered three weeks ago. She gave me my numbers & blockages ranging from 20-42% are finally enough for me to submit. I start Crestor today . . . Fingers crossed, I won't be on it for the rest of my life, but living on one medication is better than having a heart attack, stroke or death . . .

I'm working my butt off to get myself together.
  • weezbagy
    weezbagy Posts: 40 Member
    45 minutes of HIIT and weight training. Legs still burning. Good workout!
  • pasewaldd
    pasewaldd Posts: 24 Member
    shakybabe wrote: »
    I can't remember if Ijoined if as there's so many posts on the last thread to work through!

But I'm 42, mostly clean eating (does chocolate count?) ?.. I try and only have chocolate 'cravings week' and rest of month am very healthy and low carb!

I might be going through peri-menopause, I'm experiencing some problems with my monthly cycle..been late, early, short, too often etc! ..... Weight loss is slow but it's happening in spurts.. some weeks nothing others 2-3lbs + water off from TOTM. I'm trying to lose 5lb a month and get to under 10st before end of February ..will be the first time in about 15 yrs I've been that weight!

Is anyone else trying to get back to weight they were when they were younger? ..it's still middle of my healthy range for my height but not sure how much age should come into it and whether I'll be able to stay at that weight easily. ( was aiming for 9st 3 which wii fit says I should be.. To finish the game)

I am 53 years old and am going through menopause. I am at a lower weight then what I was when I was 19 (and the rest of my life thus far). For me the biggest part is knowledge. Logging in definitely helps, too. I always read about if you have a calorie deficit... you will lose weight. Sorry, that statement is not entirely true. I was eating too little and creating a huge deficit. Which in turn made me stay the same and once in a while even gain weight. So now I am trying hard to eat my calories. I am pretty close (with charting) and it is definitely helping. I also do carb cycling and that helps. I eat clean and work out. I am at 127 lbs with quite a bit of muscle. I have made it a lifestyle. And it helps that my husband now likes to eat clean. I would love to join this group... but I don't always chat. Maybe I will do it more often. We can only see. I do love fitness and eating healthy. And not too many people that I know are like that.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    MJFSH wrote: »
    Nutrition: i feel like I'm all over the map with what i eat and don't! have been under my calorie limit, but not focusing much on macros, which is not good! have to get my game back together soon!

^ me too. Now that I'm not grinding out crazy amounts of cardio, the calorie "safety net" is gone. Need to regain focus!
  • jeanniebouchard
    jeanniebouchard Posts: 15 Member
    Hello everyone
    I am 41 and have been battling my weight most of my life. After having my last child I was at my highest @ 270. I know I had to stop the yo-yo diet and need to loss and get health for my 3 kids. In the past 3 years I have started eaten better, eaten cleaner ad finding new ways to lose weight. I have lost over 100 pounds and only have a few more to go..
  • narak_lol
    It is public holiday here so I got in a leisurely 2.5 hr ride and also the 100x squats and knee push ups. Shoulders are a little sore but not too bad!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!
  • MJFSH
    Good morning and Happy Friday!!!!

P90X3 CVX done! that's all I had time for this morning, short but still made me huff and puff! LOL that's a cardio workout, while holding weights.

• misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    HIIT class done
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Chest done
  • bbordner
    bbordner Posts: 59 Member
    Was under my interim weight goal (165lbs) all week. My weekly average was 163.6. Next goal is 155lbs. Now just need to tape myself to get ND. Going by picture comparison I'm guessing around 21%.

If I remember correctly, the last time I weighed 163 lbs was 2004~2005.
  • narak_lol
    @bbordner awesome! Congratulations in hittingthe interim goal!