No loss !!!

Scales today showed a 2lb increase !
Even though I've done all I did over the last four weeks where I lost each week did not expect a plateau this early on ! These are the instance where one want to give up!!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2016
    You won't succeed if you give up. Success are for those who don't give up, but do the right things every day or most instances, and focus on long term. Weight fluctuates and two pounds is nothing. To see a weight trend you need to look at your data for at least a month as a whole.
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Your weight has gone down for 4 weeks and up for 1. You are not on a plateau.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    lost, lost, lost, lost, gained is not a plateau. Nor is it likely to be a gain of fat (unless you ate a boat load - and I mean a boat load, not just a bit over - of food last week?)

It is most likely water retention and will go in a few days. Carry on as you were, don't give up.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Guess what, you are not in a plateau. Weight loss is NOT linear.. There is gonna be weeks when you lose and a week here and there when you don't..

Always keep this in mind and moreover there are daily/weekly fluctuations that are gonna mask scale weight. Do your self a favor and keep doing what you doing, and relax.. :)

Giving up is never the answer.
    279270 Posts: 62 Member
    Great advice thank you
    279270 Posts: 62 Member
    Thanks to all you guys and gals inspiring !!!!
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    @279270

Well, how much are you trying to lose? Are you exercising often? If you're going to the gym, then you could be swapping fat for muscle, which weighs more.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    This is not a plateau. Weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you will go down and some weeks you will go up. It is most likely water retention.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    @279270

Well, how much are you trying to lose? Are you exercising often? If you're going to the gym, then you could be swapping fat for muscle, which weighs more.

No

You won't be gaining muscle in a deficit OR in a week. It's most likely water retention.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Water weight. It's a *kitten*. Eat a couple of salty meals and the next day watch the scales go up 5 lbs lol. Drink loads of water for the next few days and watch it go right back down. It's really nothing to worry about. It may mean that either A) You exercised extra hard lately, or B) You ate too much sodium. Either way both will self correct if you eat right and hydrate well.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    @279270

No on this.. also muscle does not weigh more than fat.. ;)