Ladies, did you loose your chest?

I have always had a larger chest but never lost a lot of significant weight, as I'm getting more serious I keep hearing things of women often loosing their chest?! Is this true. Has anyone experienced it?

Replies

• tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited September 2016
    No. I did not lose mine.

In fact, now that I have gained a portion of my weight back, I carry even more of my weight in my chest. It just keeps getting bigger.
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    This time I have lost a significant amount from my bust, but I do cardio x 5 a week and strength training x 5 a week, plus occasional horseriding.
    My bust measurement has gone from 46" to 35.5" and my underbust from 37" to 30" with a 65lb loss. I have also significantly reduced my body fat %.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    edited September 2016
    I did but I had to get very lean for that to happen. I was only a 34b to begin with. I gained 5lbs back and my bust came back :)

Edit: I lost a cup size, band size stayed the same. I went from a B cup to A cup. Now back to B cup.
  • idabest777
    idabest777 Posts: 97 Member
    Mine have definitely shrunk, but the cup size stayed the same in proportion to the band size. I went from a 36DD to a 32DD after losing 30lbs. So they went down quite a bit, but it kind of looks the same with my new,smaller body size.
  • I wear a 36C now, and I started as a 54C. Big difference in cup volume. On a normal weight woman, my "before" breasts would have been quite large, but they were proportionally small for my body. Even though I am wearing a C cup now, it's also not filled in as it should be because I have lost volume at the top, and my breasts have dropped. A B cup just doesn't fit as well despite my measurements being 38-30-40.

If I were to have a breast lift and skin surgery, I imagine they would be even smaller.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Mine definitely shrunk with weight loss and as I weightlifted my pecs began to take shape which make my chest more toned. I still need the max support sports bra when running but chest definitely got smaller, from DD to C
  • davis978
    davis978 Posts: 103 Member
    I lost a full cup size (for about 35 pounds of weight loss). However, I was very small to start with. I was a smallish C before, and I am a smallish B after the weight loss.

Also, as others have mentioned, it's not just size but shape that can change, and that can affect the way that bras fit and how the breasts look.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Ugh no.

I started out wearing a 36 D and now I'm wearing a 30 F. AN F CUP.

So no. I actually sort of wished that I would have because now I have to buy specialty bras that are really expensive.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    Oh totally. I went for a mammogram one year and the next time I had one done, they had both sets of x rays on the board and the technician/nurse/whatever looked at them and said, "You've lost weight"!

True story. :)
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Yes, but I carry my weight predominately in my lower body so am smaller up top anyway. If you typically carry your weight in your upper body, you will likely lose some but not all. I practically have to be skeletal on top to lose from the bottom so it all depends on your body structure.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I did not. But in my 20-30's my BMI was about 19-20 and I was a D cup so I wasn't really expecting to lose them now (my goal was quite a bit higher).

If you've ever been at a normal weight as an adult that should give you some idea of how much is breast tissue vs. fat.
  • kschramm7
    kschramm7 Posts: 72 Member
    Yup, 40D to 36C, 80 lbs later.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I've gone from a 38DD to 34C with a 70 pound loss. As others have noted, the proportion to the rest of my body is about the same. I do Stronglifts and cardio, plus a ton of push ups.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    tigerblue wrote: »
    No. I did not lose mine.

In fact, now that I have gained a portion of my weight back, I carry even more of my weight in my chest. It just keeps getting bigger.

May I ask did you gain a portion of the weight back on purpose doing some type of recomp or was it unintentional weight gain?
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    I've lost quite a bit of weight and mine are still here :(.
    I wish they're shrink a bit though because I'm very tiny. And then boom. Boobs.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Yup. I went from a 38C to a 32B that is bordering on being an A.