Help kicking the wine and fizzy drinks

Over the summer I have noticed the frequency I drink wine and fizzy drinks went from weekends to pretty much everyday. I don't always drink to get drunk but love a glass of wine (or 2) after tea in the evenings. My fizzy drink of choice is pepsi max and I never understood people when they said diet fizzy make you hungry, but have definitely found my snacking has increased over this summer. Not surprisingly I have put on weight over the summer. I am now trying to shift the lbs and have given up the week night drinks and cut out the pepsi but I'm finding I'm not really drinking anything. I enjoy coffee but don't really drink that in the afternoon or later as it keeps me awake at night. I really don't like water and find juices and squashes too sweet. So does anyone have any tips or suggestions, or do I just man up and drink water. Thanks for reading

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    I started drinking flavored sparkling water, which is a nice substitute when you need some of that fizz up in ya.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Pepsi max is pretty much calorie free so it's the wine and snacks that you want to look at
  • Ninjaeema
    Ninjaeema Posts: 21 Member
    I love La Croix flavored soda water. They have a nice variety. As for wine and other alcohol, I just stopped all together. Not worth the extra calories.
  • tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    One of my favorite things to drink other than water is cold herbal tea. There are so many good flavors. Mint, peach, hibiscus...the list goes on and on. you can drink it unsweetened or add a little sweetener according to your taste.
  • shellyae
    shellyae Posts: 34 Member
    VitaminWaterZero - it uses stevia as the sweetener so it doesn't have that "diet" taste.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I drink a lot of fizzy water...sometimes flavored, sometimes not. Sometimes we also mix a little cocktail mixer with plain fizzy water and make a mocktail.
  • jkr1000
    jkr1000 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have totally cut the week day wine, it's white I drink unfortuately, so I do need an evening substitute. Never tried fizzy water, so will give that a go and I always forget herbal tea, I do love lemon and ginger, might try them cold.