suggestions for an iced coffee addict??

BStruble2
BStruble2 Posts: 62 Member
I LOVE McDs sugar free french vanilla iced coffee. As in I would totally marry it if I could.

I saw someone I follow on instagram post about how she made something comparable with a premier vanilla protein shake and some iced coffee squirt stuff from Folgers. Found the squirt stuff, but can't find Premier vanilla shakes. I've tried making my own at home with my regular coffee over ice and adding half a scoop of unflavored unjury and it tastes funny and requires additional stevia to help cover it.

Any suggestions, or words of wisdom?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    I get my Premier Protein from Costco. I also buy the sugar free Torani syrups to flavor my coffee. You might try to use almond milk instead of the Premier Protein, add the iced coffee stuff to that, and maybe even add a little sugar free Torani vanilla. The almond milk isn't as high in protein but one cup is only 30 calories.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Read up on cold-brewing. YUMMEH. I drink mine black, but some people add junk to it. You can make a big container at a time, which should last a day or 3.
    I'm also a big fan of using pressed coffee in my protein shakes. I use an Aeropress to push out about 6 oz of whatever roast I like (usually something dark). I put about 4-6 oz of crushed ice into my blender bottle, press the coffee into that. shake to cool it down, then add a scoop of protein powder. This works very well with flavored coffee beans (like Caramel).
    The best combo I have had to date has been Khalua flavored beans (Aeropressed) with Cytosport vanilla. No milk, no sweeteners, and it was fantastic.
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    ok i just became an ice coffee addict ...this is what i do...i brew a whole pot of coffee and i let it sit out to cool. usually when i get up for work that night i make my ice coffee drink. and i leave the remaining coffee in the pot and it last for 3-4 days.

i take a tumbler cup add ice add about 2 ounces of the SF DaVinci (you can use Torani as well) syrup (raspberry and carmel are my favorite) then i add about an ounce or 2 of regular liquid nestle coffee mate creamer. i buy the regular because it has less calories and sugars then the flavored kind. then i fill the remaining cup with coffee...mix it up and sooo yummy. i have noticed a change in taste with coffee brands ..i started with maxell house and it was really good, now i have foldgers medium roast and it's got a stronger coffee taste to it so i might be trying the mild foldgers or going back to maxell house.

either way i love it and hope this helps

walmart has the premier protein drinks in the health section where the dry whey protein is but it's only a 4 pack i get mine from sam's club
  • BStruble2
    Thanks guys!!! I need to get my fix in a healthier way....you can bet I'm going to be pinning cold brewing now ;)
  • pal00ga
    pal00ga Posts: 139 Member
    I really like Chike Coffee flavored protein powder. It's 130 cals, 20g of protein, and contains 2 shots of espresso. I add it to unsweetened almond milk with some ice in the morning and am in heaven.
    Since I drink SO MUCH coffee throughout the day though, I also make non-protein iced coffees using 3 or 4 shots of espresso, a splash of almond milk, and either splenda or sugar-free torani syrups.
    I've also used the concentrated coffee squirts with almond milk and ice blended up. All of these are very low in cals and sugar.
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    For a quick fix on cold brew - look up Pioneer Woman's directions, easy peasy to follow. I make mine and it lasts me several days. Any protein vanilla shake will do if you want to add that. Sugar free flavorings have been an addiction for me lately, and I have quite a few different ones. Cinnamin Dulce, Mocha, Caramel, French Vanilla, Raspberry and Orange. I love to mix the raspberry and mocha or the orange and mocha together. Add two squirts (Yes, I love them so much I have the squirt toppers for them and a counter set up like my own barrista haha) and I am good to go. I add a dash of the vanilla protein shake, but that is all I use for my creamer. Of course, adjust for taste and don't forget to add up those cals!

I love my coffee!!
  • BStruble2
    pal00ga wrote: »
    I really like Chike Coffee flavored protein powder. It's 130 cals, 20g of protein, and contains 2 shots of espresso. I add it to unsweetened almond milk with some ice in the morning and am in heaven.
    Since I drink SO MUCH coffee throughout the day though, I also make non-protein iced coffees using 3 or 4 shots of espresso, a splash of almond milk, and either splenda or sugar-free torani syrups.
    I've also used the concentrated coffee squirts with almond milk and ice blended up. All of these are very low in cals and sugar.

Just ordered chike!!! Super excited for it to get here!!!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    I use French press with cooking extracts. Want pumpkin spice? Vanilla and pumpkin extract. Mint chocolate chip? Mint and a little cocoa. Sweetener of choice. Seriously, I can do me some coffee.
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    I'm not a coffee drinker, but I have seen advertisements for a Starbucks cold coffee (the ones that comes in glass bottles) that are high in protein. You might want to look into that.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Chike is fantastic, and I also really like Click which has a vanilla latte flavor. Bariatric Eating's website sells their Believe and Inspire brand proteins - their ready to drink is very good and I love their Cafe Bella protein powder which is a vanilla cinnamon latte flavor. If you want to try Click, I decided to be an "affiliate" so check out my affiliate link to their site. I am hoping to get some sample packs from them - if I do, I can send you a sample. Send me a friend request and we can exchange info :)

http://click-espresso-protein-drink.myshopify.com?rfsn=331394.3c2f0