Your first Tattoo's & the story behind it

Replies

• CarbonIS
    CarbonIS Posts: 76 Member
    My first tattoo was my Senegal parrot on my left arm. I got it because my Senegal named Bitty was the first pet I purchased on my own. She's now 15 years old! The tattoo turned into two sleeves... this image below has had additions on my shoulder. And then my right arm is done as well.

3xnls07rv56i.jpg
  • saFit247
    saFit247 Posts: 117 Member
    My first, and only tattoo is a very badly drawn, entirely unoriginal tiger on my left hip. It's terrible and I had it done on a whim when I was struggling aged 18. It's amusingly bad so I don't mind it but it reminds me of a difficult time.

Thanks for sharing !
    Every tattoo has a story , it aint that bad :) you can always work around it !cheers!

• saFit247
    My first tattoo was a memorial tattoo for my grandfather. During the process, he struck a nerve and my leg jumped like a frog. Luckily, no repercussions.

Now 7 years later, my arms are 60% covered, 2 leg tattoos, neck tattoo. it's my favorite addiction.

I love reading/hearing people's first tattoo story.

Thanks for Sharing ! :)
  • saFit247
    Tracyd262 wrote: »
    My first one is a butterfly that looks like it is about to take flight, it is on left hip. Story behind it, I was 41, always wanted to get tattoos, but was/am needle phobic (and yes I know it is a different kind of needle...). Anyway, I had gotten sick and had been in and out of hospital and had experienced numerous needles, worst being a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) that took them 7, yes 7, attempts. After that, I figured if I could get through that, i could get through a tattoo, so when I left the hospital I booked in for my first on. The tattoo represents 2 things, my best friend who died in 2005, and the place i was in life back then, I was just starting to spread my wings.

I now have 3, and am planning my 4th.

Wow ! .. That was truly inspiring :) - Thanks for sharing !
  • saFit247
    My husband and I both got wheat pennies done on our left wrists when we got engaged. Both of us had been in failed marriages before we met. We picked pennies because they are often regarded as valueless. People throw them away all the time. We were both someone else's "throw always". Wheat penny because they are made of copper and copper only gets more beautiful with age, as we have. E Pluribus Unum translates to "out of many, one". I have found my one.

Now this is something unique !
  • saFit247
    CarbonIS wrote: »
    My first tattoo was my Senegal parrot on my left arm. I got it because my Senegal named Bitty was the first pet I purchased on my own. She's now 15 years old! The tattoo turned into two sleeves... this image below has had additions on my shoulder. And then my right arm is done as well.

3xnls07rv56i.jpg

This is one awesome piece of ART ! wow !
  • DEBOO7
    DEBOO7 Posts: 239 Member
    edited September 2016
    Ulysses butterflies... 2 years ago.
    About a new phase in my life - freedom - a metamorphosis.
    About a place I love - the Ulysses butterflies are a native of North Queensland and Cairns is a place I love.
    About the sunshine in my life - a person I call "my sunshine" who I adore
    There are two more to add.. they will be what I call my "you/me" butterflies - probably on the other shoulder.
    Tattoos.... are personal, about life and love. Until you have one I don't think it's something you understand.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    My first tattoo was a brightly colored butterfly with flames coming from the top and 2 crescent moves on either side. I was 18 years old, hanging out in my professors apartment when we got into a conversation on how our culture doesn't really have a formal "right of passage" into adulthood. So right then we decided to have a bonfire to plan my right of passage. The next day I went back to her apartment and her boyfriend tattooed me in her living room (he was a professional traveling tattoo artist). We absolutely made it up as we went, and it came together to symbolize my strength as a woman and my evolution as a person.

Looking back, it's an absolutely ridiculous story, but I have no regrets about it. I love that one the most, and how it happened was totally perfect for where I was at that point in my life.
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    sajdroid wrote: »
    My first, and only tattoo is a very badly drawn, entirely unoriginal tiger on my left hip. It's terrible and I had it done on a whim when I was struggling aged 18. It's amusingly bad so I don't mind it but it reminds me of a difficult time.

Thanks for sharing !
    Every tattoo has a story , it aint that bad :) you can always work around it !cheers!

Thanks, it is pretty bad! But it's ok, I don't mind it being awful.
  • MY first, and so far only, tattoo is an angel on my upper right arm. Our second son died at 6 days of age and I got the tat on what would have been his first birthday.
  • fatgirlandrobin
    fatgirlandrobin Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2016
    When I was in high school, I was obsessed with Glee, and it really brought me out of my shell, helped me make new friends, and realize important things about myself. Cory Monteith, the actor from Glee that overdosed, especially inspired me to improve myself because I was a high school drop out, like him, and his success made me realize my past didn't determine my future. So last year on the anniversary of his death, I got a gold star tattooed behind my ear, because gold stars are a reference in Glee. It's a reminder to myself to keep improving myself and chasing my dreams, and a way of honoring a man who inspired me so much.
  • missnolder890
    missnolder890 Posts: 72 Member
    A white rabbit on my left shoulder holding the letter J. It is the first initial of my sister's name who died when were kids. I was 11 she was 9.
  • ScullyChick
    ScullyChick Posts: 29 Member
    Lol my very first was a tiny ladybug the size of a dime..I was such a chicken... realised it wasn't such a big deal and today I have three other much bigger ones. Lol I don't have enough skin or money for all the ink I would like..lol
  • LJ16MFP
    LJ16MFP Posts: 124 Member
    Got a pink bow on wrist st 38 as just want to know what it was like and now 40 I have about 15 and it includes half a sleeve #addictive
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    First tattoo was a virgo zodiac sign on my wrist, designed small enough to hide under my watch...haven't worn a watch since!!!
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    I was 17, on a holiday in Spain.
    Got drunk out of my mind, stumbled into a tattoo shop.. and now, 13 years later I still have 3 stars on the left side of my tummy near my hip bone... No meaning, no nothing.. They're just there..
  • fatgiraffe2
    fatgiraffe2 Posts: 73 Member
    I got a little peace sign on my hip to symbolise making peace with myself.
    That was 8 years ago, it still hasn't happened lol but is better! It's also stretched because of my weight gain so looks wonky haha
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i don't have it yet, but hopefully as of the 29th, I'll have a compass on my shoulder with birds to the right, harry potter stars on the left, pine branches and forget me nots surrounding the compass and waves on the bottom.

my husband and i were going to get them. but we couldn't agree on the design. I found a nice design and artist. He died in august so it's kinda a memorial.

and i'll be getting an armband that has some trees, mountains and moon. i may include "the mountains are calling and i must go"

husband had two solid black armbands and we loved our roadtrips to the west.
  • littlelivie771
    littlelivie771 Posts: 15 Member
    My first tattoos are the lyrics from bayside's walking wounded, they read "Who would want to die as a cowardly little child? When our time is up we'll be ashamed or proud." I go this tattoo almost 2 years ago and throughout the two years it has caused me to reevaluate my life and really ask myself if I am doing impactful things for others and living a life I will be proud of when I die. I will always love these tattoos and I really do believe that they have caused me to live better.
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    i was drunk and 15 lol two hearts by thumb. Thankfully i've upgraded my ink since then and now sport a ton of it- all looking 110% better than my two drunken hearts