So, I went shopping and...

2»

Replies

• JJBerk
    JJBerk Posts: 7 Member
    Awesome!!!!!
    29.2 lbs down and still fitting into my 'normal' (22) pants, though I have an 18 and a 20 that now fit as well. My biggest struggle over the next 30 lbs is going to be clothing. I can't afford to buy much, and don't want to as I expect to keep losing. (GW 150) I've thought about goodwill and stuff, so we'll see. Can't stop me though!!
  • stephaniej2888
    stephaniej2888 Posts: 93 Member
    Nickisa24 wrote: »
    Amazing!! I've had a great weekend 'clothes wise' on Saturday I thought I'd better start packing for my girls holiday. Tried on a few outfits and some swimwear. Still not 100% confident but they looked pretty good. Motivated me to keep going until that stubborn belly fat is off!! Then, I actually did a little dance around my bedroom last night. So I've been off work for 3 months. I rememeber I only had 1 pair of 'smart work' trousers so was getting away with black jeans for about 6 months before I left. But in my new role, I can't get away with that so thought, damn I better have a root through my clothes and see what I've got. I found a pair of trousers that used to be so tight, I could barely get them over my hips. Tried them on..... They fit!! And so did the shirt I bought when I was in denial..so it didn't even fit when I bought it, let alone once I'd got to my heaviest. It fit perfectly!! I used to have to wear a slimming best under it and even then, the buttons would be bursting! Then to my annoyance but secret delight, I spent all day today pulling up my trousers :smiley: made my week!!

Yay! That's so awesome! I have several denial items in my closet that are starting to fit and it's super exciting! I also have a pair of size 12's that before I started I couldn't even get past my thighs...not I can get them all the way up and probably 2 or 3 more inches lost and those bad boys will button! So exciting!
  • stephaniej2888
    That's great! Just don't make the same mistake I did...I went down a few sizes and got all excited and bought a bunch of clothes...but I wasn't at my goal yet and ended up going down a few more sizes and having to buy a bunch more. A great problem to have, but not so good on the budget! :p

I'm good on shirts because I never got rid of the ones that I outgrew lol, but I only went and bought 2 pairs of pants, 1 pair of Capri and a bra...trying not to go overboard bc I hope to be into the next size down sooner rather than later lol
  • stephaniej2888
    This is a great post for me.. because i hate that I have not gone down a size yet.. maybe for some of us it just takes losing a larger amount for the waist to go down. Congrats.. I can't wait to get into a 10.. i'm still in my 12's they're more loose but I'm still not there.

I feel your pain. I was starting to get frustrated because I was loosing so much but not down a pant size yet. But from what others say, the heavier you are the more it takes to go down a size. Took me 32 lbs to go from a 16 to 14...hopefully a little less for the next one lol
  • stephaniej2888
    That's great! Just don't make the same mistake I did...I went down a few sizes and got all excited and bought a bunch of clothes...but I wasn't at my goal yet and ended up going down a few more sizes and having to buy a bunch more. A great problem to have, but not so good on the budget! :p

I know none of want to think this will happen, but also don't make the same mistake I did. A few years ago I lost around 50 pounds and got rid of all my "fat" clothes pretty much immediately. My logic was that it would be a lot harder to backslide if it meant re-buying everything. Turns out that didn't stop me and I gained it all back plus some. So my advice, save at least the next size up. Just pack it away somewhere where it's not easily accessible.

Let the backlash on this comment begin...

No backlash here either..been there done that lol
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    I tried on a cardigan yesterday that was designed to fit loosely, but when I looked at it, I realized it is just too darn big. I have a friend on her own WL journey a size or two up from where I am now, and I have started a pay-it-forward-pile for her.
  • stephaniej2888
    JJBerk wrote: »
    Awesome!!!!!
    29.2 lbs down and still fitting into my 'normal' (22) pants, though I have an 18 and a 20 that now fit as well. My biggest struggle over the next 30 lbs is going to be clothing. I can't afford to buy much, and don't want to as I expect to keep losing. (GW 150) I've thought about goodwill and stuff, so we'll see. Can't stop me though!!

I'm not sure where your located but here in florida we have what we call "Swip-swap" on Facebook and I have a friend in Arizona and they do "Swap-shop". It's sort of like garage sales on Facebook lol. People get on there and post items they want to sell or are looking for and then meet up with people around your town to buy or sell things.
    We have over 20,000 people on the page for just our little town and people sell clothes all the time and for cheap!
    Maybe look into something like that in your area.
  • NicoleMichael62
    NicoleMichael62 Posts: 50 Member
    That is so awesome! I am down 19 pounds and yesterday was able to buy workout shorts in a size L instead of XL. It felt weird even trying them on and having them fit. I have been in the XL-XXL section for sooooo long.
  • barbm04
    barbm04 Posts: 15 Member
    I am glad to read your posts because I get so discouraged that I have lost 21 lbs but still in 16's! They ARE looser but thought I should be in a 14 after 21 lbs. so now I feel better and know it will probably take at least another 10 lbs to get me there. I can really see a big difference in my body though and that keeps me going! Thank you for all your posts! They are so encouraging!
  • barbm04
    barbm04 Posts: 15 Member
    NicoleMichael62, I had the same experience with workout pants! XL down to L feels great!
  • stephaniej2888
    barbm04 wrote: »
    I am glad to read your posts because I get so discouraged that I have lost 21 lbs but still in 16's! They ARE looser but thought I should be in a 14 after 21 lbs. so now I feel better and know it will probably take at least another 10 lbs to get me there. I can really see a big difference in my body though and that keeps me going! Thank you for all your posts! They are so encouraging!

From what I read on a few different posts, the lighter you get the less weight it tends to take to drop a pant size. A lot of people (that started out in the 250's like me) were saying that it took them 30-35 lbs for the first size, then around 25 lbs for the next size, then 15'ish for the sizes after that.
    Now everyone is still different so there's no telling how it will be for us, lol, but hopefully I will drop a little quicker this time ;)
  • AJF230
    AJF230 Posts: 81 Member
    stealthq wrote: »

I know none of want to think this will happen, but also don't make the same mistake I did. A few years ago I lost around 50 pounds and got rid of all my "fat" clothes pretty much immediately. My logic was that it would be a lot harder to backslide if it meant re-buying everything. Turns out that didn't stop me and I gained it all back plus some. So my advice, save at least the next size up. Just pack it away somewhere where it's not easily accessible.

Let the backlash on this comment begin...

No backlash from me, either. But since getting to the point where I was looking at having to buy bigger jeans is what motivated me to lose weight in the first place, I figured it would do so again if I backslid.

All of my bigger clothes went to to Goodwill post haste. So far, it's worked.

Male here. our clothes are different but some of us can be hard to fit stuff. A 38 waist is too big for me, a 36 too small. but a 36 with the expanding stretch is perfect. Lately, it doesn't need to "expand" at all any more. Its a great sign. I'm 6'3 and went from 206 to around 195 and while my BMI is good, my body fat % is still way too high. Little by little. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...