Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Replies

• badchinesemajor
    badchinesemajor Posts: 33 Member
    My dinners prepped for the week. When I actually do this, and plan out my snacks as well, I have much better weeks. I grab less food from the vending machines at work, have more energy for my workouts the next day, regulate my blood sugar levels better, and know I am fueling my body properly. I will admit, there is not much variety this way, but sometimes, sacrifices have to be made.

jrv5vubepf6m.jpg

Yo, I hear you there. I think I've had like maybe 5 different meals in the past month losing weight.
  • zoritt
    zoritt Posts: 68 Member
    Hi ..only joined recently and discovered this thread. For meal prepping ..does the food get mushy after a while or does it last the week?

I am a mom of a 5yo and trying to lose 7lbs. I know it isn't much but it's struggle to lose this last bit. I also am incorporating workouts in there as well.
  • deedles28
    deedles28 Posts: 16 Member
    I am a mom of three kids (9 and 6 yr. old twins) who are very involved with sports. I am also married and work full time. There is not a lot of "me" time to fit in exercise, but I'm trying and could use some accountability and support. Feel free to add me!

Thanks!
  • sbubenchik
    sbubenchik Posts: 75 Member
    Hey add me! 32 year old husband and father of 5!! 2 girls and 3 boys. And I work full time. Would love to help anyone trying to get motivated and do this thing. You're not alone!!
  • Anyone can add me if active and supportive, I'm 28 and a mum of a gorgeous 6 month boy, lost most my baby weight now :)
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    zoritt wrote: »
    Hi ..only joined recently and discovered this thread. For meal prepping ..does the food get mushy after a while or does it last the week?

I am a mom of a 5yo and trying to lose 7lbs. I know it isn't much but it's struggle to lose this last bit. I also am incorporating workouts in there as well.

Doesn't get mushy at all. The best thing to try and do is not over cook it. That way when you re-heat it, it is still just right and not too tough.
  • MikePXstream
    Hey everyone. It is a new month. If you had a hard time last month, like I did, time to dust yourself off, re-evaluate your goals, determine "WHY" you want to be healthier and more fit, and go for it. Use your calendar on the wall or on your phone to schedule your workouts like appointments, throw all the junk food out, and check in with me or someone daily for accountability. We can do this!

Who has their plan set already for the month?
  • MikePXstream
    I have been doing HIIT workouts again and man am I out of shape that way. Sure I can still run 3-4 miles at a decent pace and sling the weights around, but this is a totally different cardio and boy did I miss it. Does that sound crazy or what! I have a ways to go to get back to where I was, but I will get there. How are you doing?
  • MikePXstream
    Have you ever wondered why it is we can so easily let poor nutritional choices creep into our lives or why it is so easy to not work out?

I saw an article the other day and it talked about how our great ancestors could kick our *kitten* right now, take our girl, or guy probably, run across the valley and barely break a sweat. Meanwhile a large majority of us might cramp up after 1/4 mile,and forget about slinging someone over our shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Have we really regressed that much?

I think about the Romans, Spartans, Vikings and other cultures from years past on how if you were not fit, strong and in shape, you would not survive or could not defend your family. Imagine a scenario like that now? Would you be able to defend your family, survive against the odds, or even be able to run for help? I mean after all, your cell phone battery could die on you by mid day right?

Just something to ponder. What do you think?
  • MikePXstream
    How are you doing today? It os Friday. The weekend is on the horizon. What all do you have planned? We have a 2 mile race in the morning, and then some R&R I think. Sunday we will probably go up to the mountains again for some altitude training. 2-3 miles is all around the lake. Maybe we will see some more elk :)
  • ShawnMart
    ShawnMart Posts: 49 Member
    It's great you've kept this thread going for so long. I hope you continue to stay after it. I know I have been hit or miss lately on pretty much everything.

I wonder how long it takes for someone who loves unhealthy food to truly get to the point were all they want is stuff that's good for you? Not sure I'll ever get there myself , I'm all about pizza, cheeseburgers and beer! I'm gonna follow this thread and wish you the best of luck!
  • treezy83
    treezy83 Posts: 121 Member
    I'm a mom of 3. Ages 15, 12 and 4. Full time job and a part time job. My full time job is great it pays for most of my gym membership. All I have to pay is $14 a month but somehow still can't manage to get to the gym. I put a what I call "mini gym" in my basement. Treadmill and a weight lifting machine. I love to run. That's how I get my workouts in. Cooking, kids doing homework and I try to workout at the same time. Somehow it's working.
  • MikePXstream
    ShawnMart wrote: »
    It's great you've kept this thread going for so long. I hope you continue to stay after it. I know I have been hit or miss lately on pretty much everything.

I wonder how long it takes for someone who loves unhealthy food to truly get to the point were all they want is stuff that's good for you? Not sure I'll ever get there myself , I'm all about pizza, cheeseburgers and beer! I'm gonna follow this thread and wish you the best of luck!

It really all starts with what is important to you health wise, why that is important to you, and if you are strong enough to change. For me, my mom, grandpa, and both great grand parents were diabetic. My great grand parents died in their 40's, my grandpa in his 50's, and my mom just a couple of years ago in her early 60's. I have no traces of the disease right now, but could easily fall into that pitfall. So, I eat better than I used to and exercise 5-6 days a week. I don't want my wife and kids to live through the heart aches I have with watching my mom and grandpas life deteriorate without me being able to do anything. And hopefully, others will see my example and follow my lead to better themselves. But it all starts with YOUR WHY. Good luck, and I am glad to have you with us.
  • MikePXstream
    How many of you like sushi? How many of you have kids that look at you funny when you talk about it? This may be a simple easier way to introduce them to it slowly. Make some out of fruit, and then sit and dine together. Who knows, it might work. What do you think?

b8yjye8djc2e.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    How is everyone doing today? Well I hope. I have a question for you. Who here goes to the gym? Who has a gym membership, but has only gone like once or twice due to time restraints? If time is an issue, would you be willing to try an at home workout for 30 days? Please share.
  • pdo27789
    pdo27789 Posts: 120 Member
    How is everyone doing today? Well I hope. I have a question for you. Who here goes to the gym? Who has a gym membership, but has only gone like once or twice due to time restraints? If time is an issue, would you be willing to try an at home workout for 30 days? Please share.

What sort of home workout do you suggest? I don't have money to buy equipment, but I need to get into exercise.

I tried a 7 minute app a few weeks back. My girls (3 and 5) joined in too, but I fell off the wagon.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    pdo27789 wrote: »

What sort of home workout do you suggest? I don't have money to buy equipment, but I need to get into exercise.

I tried a 7 minute app a few weeks back. My girls (3 and 5) joined in too, but I fell off the wagon.

There are many to choose from. It depends on your current fitness level. You don't want to jump into something to serious that might lead to injury. I'll message you directly, and see what we can discover together.

Why can't you just post some suggestions here? Messaging people privately leads to only helping one person. Posting publicly leads to helping lots of people.
  • MikePXstream
    usmcmp wrote: »
    pdo27789 wrote: »

There are many to choose from. It depends on your current fitness level. You don't want to jump into something to serious that might lead to injury. I'll message you directly, and see what we can discover together.

Why can't you just post some suggestions here? Messaging people privately leads to only helping one person. Posting publicly leads to helping lots of people.

Messaging people privately leads to a more personal connection, a deeper understanding of what may be going on in their lives that they may not want to proclaim to the world on a social media. Shoot, they may not want to in a private message either. That's their choice. But the more I know about what they are struggling with, the better recommendations I can provide. Sure I could throw out some generalities. Do 20 Squats today, run 3 miles tomorrow, do 10 pull ups the next day. But if that person has knee injuries, or asthma, or shoulder issues, then those suggestions would not be in their best interest and could lead to further injury. I'd rather help one person at a time the right way, than lots of people the wrong way.
  • LizIsBack86
    LizIsBack86 Posts: 61 Member
    My babygirl is a year and 7 months, I am always looking for friends to help and encourage :) Your all more than welcome to add me!!
This discussion has been closed.