Can We Talk MR ROBOT? (WARNING SPOILERS)

Options
thisonetimeatthegym
thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
edited September 2016 in Chit-Chat
Just a chat about MR ROBOT.

I'll start.

1) What is your favorite scene and why?

2) Do you think Elliot is more unstable because he can be the "silent observer" to Mr Robot, or do you think he is getting better because he knows who Mr Robot is and can see his actions more objectively?

Replies

• thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    1) The scene that sticks out for me was when Elliot was trying to rid himself of Mr Robot with too many pills, which he threw up out of self preservation, which he then dug through the vomit and ate the pills, again out of a different kind of self preservation.

I was grossed out and saddened for Elliot. But I was also amazed at the acting and the realistic view of addicts and their lows.

2) I think Elliot is getting worse in that he is "splitting" further - not only does he see himself as separate from Mr Robot, but he can also observe Elliot. As he did from his view from sitting on the couch when he was standing and toggling between Mr. ROBOT and Elliot while standing talking to his sister. That makes 3 views. Whereas at season one he had one view, then two, once he accepted who Mr Robot was. Now he has 3 observation points.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    You should also be kind and use the spoiler tags
    Put your spoiler info here

Did one better - spoiler warning in the title.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what this is *sigh*
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Don't forget to watch Mr. ROBOT!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Season 2 is ok, but not nearly as good as Season 1. It just is moving way too slow and too many characters. It isn't as focused as Season 1. For a 10 episode season they just are trying to do too much.

There are times I really like it, but more times I am about ready to change the channel.

Agreed on his acceptance speech. That was gold.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    Season 2 is ok, but not nearly as good as Season 1. It just is moving way too slow and too many characters. It isn't as focused as Season 1. For a 10 episode season they just are trying to do too much.

There are times I really like it, but more times I am about ready to change the channel.

Agreed on his acceptance speech. That was gold.

It is much slower paced and weirder this season. I hated the sitcom episode, but it made sense given Elliot's protective mechnisms. The big reveal of Elliot's surroundings was interesting.

• DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I don't know this show - but Holy Crap!! it's Ahkmenrah!! :)
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So many great scenes ... The opening of the first season with his internal monologue with his counselor ... the graveyard scene at the end of season one ... season two scene where we learn he's in jail ....
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    Options
    Ws2016 wrote: »
    So many great scenes ... The opening of the first season with his internal monologue with his counselor ... the graveyard scene at the end of season one ... season two scene where we learn he's in jail ....

What did you think of the finale?
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I thought the finale was decent, but I really wish it would have wrapped more up instead of just made a tease for the next season. I just have to wrap my head around the fact they are telling a longer story and be annoyed that they aren't going to let me get much satisfaction for a while.
    The last ten minutes definitely had me questioning everything multiple times.
  • 240sx7
    240sx7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda lost for everything, but i like the show :smile: