40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    getting dark much earlier in the evenings now, but we managed to squeeze in another Friday night group open water swim. 1.7 miles done. Tomorrow is a 10 mile run, then doing a local 5k race on Sunday.
  • greena
    greena Posts: 36 Member
    Hi! Back on MFP after a brief hiatus. I am 45, mom of 2, would like to lose 20-25 lbs. With the stress of two moves in the last 2 years, I gained about 18 pounds. Just in the last couple years, my metabolism seemed to slow to a crawl...I'm back on track, I've lost 5 lbs., work out hard (Crossfit, running, hockey) 5 days a week, but have to track each calorie to show any results. Looking forward to connecting with 40+ people on here to encourage each other and keep me on track!!! :-) Does anyone else find they can't drink any alcohol at all anymore and still lose weight?? I find that I can't process/digest it as well as I used to - lots of bloating, weight gain, etc. I've had to cut it out entirely to see any results. :-( Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    I dont find its stops weight loss but I have drastically cut back. I simply can't easily fit it into my calorie goal. Upside is I'm now a "cheap date" for DH - two glasses of wine is all I can handle before I start to feel woozy. :D
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    HIIT class done
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Spartan Stadium Sprint"=Done! my finish time was 55:05! all obstacles completed! including the dreaded spear throw!!! :D ZERO penalty burpees!!!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Thank you for the award @Djproulx . loving the cool picture you have posted. stay safe!

@tojo_73 I think i might have found right program for your boys! if you are willing to sacrifice some lifting time and replace it with bodyweight training and bands, you can have the boys workout with you and none of you feel cheated, because TAPOUT XT is a Badass workout. YouTube it to see if the boys are interested.

Tapout XT:Legs and Back done! and then some TRX mobility movement.

• gam3rguy
    "P90X2 X2 Recovery + Mobility"=Done!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    edited September 2016
    @MJFSH thanks for the suggestion I will check it out. Sounds similar to P90X but with bands. How do you find the two compare. Until I see how serious she is I am thinking of running through some fitnessblender routines before plopping out for the DVDs though.

Did a 35km bike yesterday aft.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    be scared of the bear!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Did a personal training session. Also think I am coming down with a cold. Boooooo.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Did a personal training session. Also think I am coming down with a cold. Boooooo.

Chicken soup & Vitamin C overload (oranges, apples, Emergen-C, etc.), do it now!
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2 Chest + Back + Balance & X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Ran in a local 5k yesterday. My time was ok at 25:40, (8:15pace) but I need to re-start regular track workouts to build any kind of speed in short races.
  • gam3rguy
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Ran in a local 5k yesterday. My time was ok at 25:40, (8:15pace) but I need to re-start regular track workouts to build any kind of speed in short races.
    get that bear to chase you. your speed will improve. :p

• MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    tojo_73 wrote: »
    @MJFSH thanks for the suggestion I will check it out. Sounds similar to P90X but with bands. How do you find the two compare. Until I see how serious she is I am thinking of running through some fitnessblender routines before plopping out for the DVDs though.

Did a 35km bike yesterday aft.

Welcome! Tapout XT is livelier and more fun than P90x. I really consider it a cross between Insanity and P90x. Fitness blender workouts are fun too! and as you mentioned, a good way to evaluate the workout tendency seriousness, before spending the dough, even tho I think you can find Tapout on YouTube too.

P90X: Chest and Back done this morning, hopefully I will have time to fit in some sort of workout after work as well.
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    Arms and shoulders doen

@MJFSH I found the free youtubes for tapout and will try competition core tomorrow with my daughter and see how it goes. Cheers and thanks for the advice
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2 Plyocide"=Done!
  • Royalwood
    Royalwood Posts: 7 Member
    Hi there everyone! So glad I found this thread where the coll kids hang out! Gosh I didn't believe them when they said that your body changes when you turn 40. Well that dosen't happen over night....but then BAM you look in the mirror and realize that it most defiantly has. Gggrrrrrr and here I thought I had the 40'S beat
    Love to get to know everyone. You can add me as a friend here and also contact me via email at royalwood24@gmail.com

Have a great day
    Lisa