Getting rid of U forever(pls. add something OMAD living has inspired u2 4ever rid yourself of)

OMADing1
OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
edited September 2016 in Social Groups
I've been spending the last 4 hours or so, going thru my attic, closets, etc. of ALL of my "former" FAT clothes, shoes, all kinds of stuff (the "good" the bad and the ugly). I'm shedding the "weight" of excess "stuff", not only from my mind and body, but now from my home--period.

I'm throwing away, giving away and selling EVERYTHING that a size 18, 1x, 2x, XXL,XL all kinds of stuff. It's nothing less than amazing and quite horrendous how much stuff I've collected and purchased over the years--many of the things still have tags on them >:) . The GOOD news is, I've found a whole new wardrobe of stuff as I'm cleaning. One gorgeous coat I found in the attic fits really nicely, just need to lose a bit more to button it, BUT, when I looked in the pocket, I found a recipe that was dated July, 2002!!!!!!! It's a size LARGE. I just called myself giving myself an advanced reward of buying a size large coat while shopping with my daughter the other day, it fit perfectly, but I couldn't button it up. I purchased it because I KNOW I'll be able to button it up by December of this year--but now I've found a TON of coats in my own attic, size large, medium and even small that I loved and still love. So I'll probably take the size large coat back, because I have so many more to choose from at home!!! B) I'm taking a break now (because my back is starting to hurt), because I'm not only getting rid of my ALL of FAT stuff, but everyone stuff in the house that is too old or too something or other--that's just collecting dust. I'm NO WHERE near done, but I'm as happy as a clam, knowing that everything is getting cleaned and renewed (including my mind o:) ) and that I have a TON of nice things that I'll be able to wear shortly that I'm finding. LOTS of sizes 14's (regular NOT plus vanity size 14s either) 12s, 10s, 8s even a really cute outfit size 6 (from YEARS and YEARS ago, but still looks great). So, I'll also be profiting from OMAD, because I've got tons of stuff to sale and give away too. I'll also not have to spend so much money on a new wardrobe, because my style is classic and many of the things I found in smaller sizes will never go out of style and look fabulous--YAY!!!! Now that's what I call "shopping at home" B)

What are you (or have you as the case maybe), permanently ridding yourself of because of OMAD? PLS. Share, it can be clothes, food(s)/drinks(s), people/relationships, mind-sets, things hindering your progress, whatever you know in your heart of hearts you need to rid yourself of FOREVER

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I think you just inspired a new video! This is a great topic! I have a lot to share on it.
  • OMADing1
    newmeadow wrote: »
    My curious and unwholesome desire to punish myself and work against my self interests. OMAD appears to be the best remedy for that (and I've tried 'em all), although I've been intermittent in my approach to OMAD thus far. I'm undaunted.

I'm going to take the One Day At A Time approach I learned in the 12 Step Food Fellowships. Today, I'm eating OMAD. It doesn't matter what I eat (for me, today), because it will be weighed and measured, logged and committed to. So I'm guaranteed success today which makes for a wonderful 24 hours.

LOVE your attitude, thank you so much for posting newmeadow--I also love having new good things to meditate upon, and you've given me something terrific to think upon today!
  • OMADing1
    I think you just inspired a new video! This is a great topic! I have a lot to share on it.

Dude B) That's tremendous, waiting with baited breath, for sure--I just LOVE your videos, they give help me so much, and not just your excellent counsel, but actually encourage me to--but not just me, your videos are helping untold numbers of other folks, that you will probably never heard from in this lifetime. I just watched your two new ones (splurging revisited (YAY) as well as an excellent one on hypertension (tremendous)...we're these covering the topic?

• OMADing1
    edited September 2016
    Also...wow, also found a ton of size 22w and 20w jeans and pants in my laundry room yesterday ( I thought I'd gotten rid of all of my biggest stuff already). I tried some on and it's shocking and super hurtful how BIG they now are :'( --it made me cry thinking about how just 94 days ago, I was barely squeezing into them (the size 22w's) and even the size 20w's (and 18w's, 1x, 2x, XXL) are just mammoth on me now.So painful to acknowledge how willfully weak and so utterly out of control I was before OMAD It made me cry, because I was so MISERABLE inside and out before OMAD life--just so large and NOT in charge of nothing. Also, it's almost offensive how much "stuff" I have, just such a wasteful and shockingly "greedy" (I'll have to say), unthankful, ungrateful and willfully deceived/foolish life I formerly lived. Those days are OVER, period. Replaced with humilty, understanding/wisdom and a renewed mind o:) OMAD life has opened my eyes in more ways than one and I'm so THRILLED to no longer be "asleep and blind" all by fasting and living OMAD

OMAD is far more than just a weight-loss way of eating, it uncovers a LOT of "roots, vines and weeds" in one's habits and thoughts that I just 3 months ago totally missed/couldn't WOULDN'T see. WOW! o:)
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    I like your post. Clearing out your closet, attic, and your mind. It's amazing how OMAD is more than a weight loss plan. It's a life plan for sure.

I haven't cleaned out my closet yet but I'm planning to in the next few weeks. I have about 10 boxes of clothes in storage at my office and those clothes are sizes 8 through 14. I gave my daughter all of my size 5 and 6's. Like you, my clothes are classics and never go out of style. Some are from when I worked in the corporate world along with evening clothes and I will be donating those things. I will be patiently waiting to put together a new wardrobe from what is left though.

I have been cleaning out my desk and all the paperwork in my office at home and cleaning out cupboards, pantry, garage, and getting rid of old pictures, etc. I am certainly seeing how not only weight can weigh you down but stuff can weigh you down as well.

Joe, I'm looking forward to your next video. I watch them before I go to sleep at night. I've heard that what you read or what you watch then makes a greater impact on your thoughts. I don't know if that is true or not but it seems to stick with me.

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited September 2016
    \
  • OMADing1
    I like your post. Clearing out your closet, attic, and your mind. It's amazing how OMAD is more than a weight loss plan. It's a life plan for sure.

I haven't cleaned out my closet yet but I'm planning to in the next few weeks. I have about 10 boxes of clothes in storage at my office and those clothes are sizes 8 through 14. I gave my daughter all of my size 5 and 6's. Like you, my clothes are classics and never go out of style. Some are from when I worked in the corporate world along with evening clothes and I will be donating those things. I will be patiently waiting to put together a new wardrobe from what is left though.

I have been cleaning out my desk and all the paperwork in my office at home and cleaning out cupboards, pantry, garage, and getting rid of old pictures, etc. I am certainly seeing how not only weight can weigh you down but stuff can weigh you down as well.

Joe, I'm looking forward to your next video. I watch them before I go to sleep at night. I've heard that what you read or what you watch then makes a greater impact on your thoughts. I don't know if that is true or not but it seems to stick with me.

Super fabulous--YAY YOU!

I'm also getting rid of pretense, getting rid of "going along to get along" too. I'm no longer content with denying the TRUTH about myself, my choices and Truth in general--Truth doesn't hurt, it exposes darkness to Light and I'm tired of living in darkness and blindness, period. Will this cost me a lot? Yep, BRING IT! It's shocking how fear, dread, laziness and imagination(s)/false reality has kept me in a state of yuck. No more, period.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 wrote: »

Super fabulous--YAY YOU!

I'm also getting rid of pretense, getting rid of "going along to get along" too. I'm no longer content with denying the TRUTH about myself, my choices and Truth in general--Truth doesn't hurt, it exposes darkness to Light and I'm tired of living in darkness and blindness, period. Will this cost me a lot? Yep, BRING IT! It's shocking how fear, dread, laziness and imagination(s)/false reality has kept me in a state of yuck. No more, period.

Ya know what? My attitude is WRONG--it's ugly, it's hateful (full of hate) and not only am I wrong about this, I'm guilty of the exact same thing I judge them of.... period. I need to truly LOVE the people in my life, instead of nursing a "root of bitterness" towards them, when the real problem is me FAR more than them. As I was meditating on all this "change" I wrote on here today, I see that I am literally filled with anger, malice, and yuck and totally without any love, understanding and compassion towards those who don't "go along with my program" or my being their judge, jury and executioner--I myself become a worse sort of person then I "judge" them to be. I am so sorry/apologize for posting this and the other stuff I posted today too. The people in my life are wonderful people, they have their faults just like I do...it's actually me with the "nasty/self-righteous" issues far more than them, I just wanted to share! I wish I could delete what I wrote on here today.