Not losing weight despite calorie deficit?

Options
124»

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    The real question is: where is the OPie? OPie if you are still here talk to us. It is getting lonely in here without you.
  • folgers86
    folgers86 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree with others to check the sodium level. I used to eat TV dinners for the same reason (ease of use, easy to track calories etc). Unfortunately, when I started tracking again I realized I was eating over 3000 mgs of sodium each day. My nutritionist recently put me on a 2k/day limit with high protein and higher water intake (I don't drink a lot of liquid period) and I wound up having to ditch those dinners - too much sodium so I couldn't stay under that 2k limit. Now, unless you have a medical reason you may not need to limit your sodium, but you should still be aware of it in case things like this happen. I mean, I had salty popcorn this weekend and "gained" half a pound overnight.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    csg76 wrote: »
    Have you considered you might have a problem with your metabolism?
    I have, and I cannot loose any weight at all. The problem is that when your metabolism is very low the foods you eat will not be used by your body and then it will just be made into fat and stored. No matter how much you exercise you will not loose weight - actually you might just keep gaining weight until you get this problem under control.
    Just a thought :-)

The word "metabolism" is a four-letter word on this site. So for example, every 5' 6" 150-pound woman who eats the same calorie restricted diet (eat whatever you want) and gets the same amount of exercise will lose the same amount of weight over a given period of time (say three months). Really?

Ugh. You again. OP, or anyone...don't listen to this.