BREAKFAST

Replies

• daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    oh my gosh you are all so amazing and im so lazy and food uneducated with my pot of instant porridge:-( i will deffo try the microwave eggs i love eggs so much and they do fill me up. im on 900 calories a day and its a struggle with hunger :'(

Up your calories.
  • distitch
    distitch Posts: 4 Member
    1 cup of coffee then 36 oz water and 2 hard boiled eggs. Trust me...it works.
  • wishingsize8back
    wishingsize8back Posts: 13 Member
    oh my gosh you are all so amazing and im so lazy and food uneducated with my pot of instant porridge:-( i will deffo try the microwave eggs i love eggs so much and they do fill me up. im on 900 calories a day and its a struggle with hunger :'(

Why are you eating so little in calories? 1200 is the minimum.

because im desperate to lose weight :-(
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

It's not a race. And doing that low in calories is going to hurt you in the long run. You will lose lean muscle mass and hair and other such bad things.
  • wishingsize8back
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

How did you come up with 900? Did you fill in the MFP profile with your Weight, Height, Goal, and Activity Level? The system calculates your calorie target, and never gives a figure lower than 1200 calories per day. You'll definitely be hungry, and your body will be missing important nutrition.

no i just thought this would be a good way to quick weight loss. i am 5 ft 4 (and a half) and now 10 stone 7 i was 11 stone 2 weeks ago when i started this
  • MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    I second the overnight oats but I make mine with "old fashioned" Quaker Oats, vanilla almond milk (reduced sugar if its avail and 1:1 or a smidge more milk if you like yours less thick), cinnamon and honey and if I have them handy some nuts or whatever fruit I have. I heat it up in the morning (some eat it cold).
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

How did you come up with 900? Did you fill in the MFP profile with your Weight, Height, Goal, and Activity Level? The system calculates your calorie target, and never gives a figure lower than 1200 calories per day. You'll definitely be hungry, and your body will be missing important nutrition.

no i just thought this would be a good way to quick weight loss. i am 5 ft 4 (and a half) and now 10 stone 7 i was 11 stone 2 weeks ago when i started this

Quick weight loss is usually not good weight loss.
  • wishingsize8back
    i have never posted on this before and am amazed at all the responses advice and help thanks all <3 inspiring
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member

900 calories per day is not sustainable. Nor is it even remotely healthy.

Weight management is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • wishingsize8back

900 calories per day is not sustainable. Nor is it even remotely healthy.

Weight management is a marathon, not a sprint.

i realise that now. i just get so disheartened at how slow it comes off after the first half stone :-( thanks
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    I boil a dozen eggs once a week so I always have them available"instantly" in the fridge.
  • wishingsize8back
    ogtmama wrote: »
    I boil a dozen eggs once a week so I always have them available"instantly" in the fridge.

canyou reheat them though and how?
  • ogtmama

This is the mistake. You don't want to lose weight...you want to lose fat! Having too large of a deficit will cause you to lose a higher percentage of muscle than you would like instead of fat...loss of muscle means you will be able to eat even LESS without gaining weight in the future.
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    We've all been desperate to lose weight. There may be an event, wedding, reunion that we want to rock it out. Probably many many of us have lost it, gained it back, lost it, gained it back and lost it again, only to find it and put it back on plus more. Slow and steady wins this race! Sure, you can lose it fast - but, that is not a sustainable way of life and you have not trained your brain and body to eat well-balanced, well-portioned meals forever. Not just for this week or for this month or even just this year - for life. Even being in maintenance takes planning and making sure we are within our calorie goals. And hate to tell this, as you age, it gets much harder to maintain! Research, study, and train yourself now for success in the future.

As far as breakfast goes - that was a difficult one for me as well. Had never eaten breakfast - yuck! 4 years down the road of this journey - I look forward to breakfast. But, during the week, it better be grab-n-go. I spend a few hours each weekend prepping breakfast of vegetables/egg bake - easy to heat or I just eat it cold. Yogurts for on the go. Hard boiled eggs and a banana with peanut butter. So many options once you start looking for them.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Breakfast for me is things like Greek yogurt, granola bars, cereal with milk, a sandwich, dinner leftovers, fruit, or cottage cheese.
    You do not need to eat low carb or low sugar to lose weight. If you want to eat less carbs and sugar then you should look at foods with more protein.
    You could prep food in advance and reheat them quickly if you want warm food.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/222586/scrambled-egg-muffins/
    http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/course/breakfast-recipes/breakfast-burrito-recipes#14

You should not be eating below 1200 calories. If you are active you can probably eat quite a bit more.
    You are close to a healthy weight for your height so a good sustainable rate of loss would be .5 -1 lb a week.
    Eat the calories MFP tells you to eat. Log everything as accurately as you can. A food scale is a very helpful tool.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama wrote: »

canyou reheat them though and how?

We eat them cold...still delicious imho
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member

Okay my wife is British so I know that's equivalent to 154 lbs down to 147 lbs for the rest of us :) That's 7 lbs in two weeks, which is a bit faster than the normal recommended rate. 1 lb per week is enough.

According to your height of 5' 4" your ideal healthy weight is 130 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 116 and 145 pounds. So you could take it a bit slower from here on, and allow yourself a bit more nutrition. Are you also exercising? Calories burned, allow you a bit more calories to eat, so long as there's still a deficit at the end of the day.
  • mssmssy
    mssmssy Posts: 32 Member
    Almost every morning I nuke 1/4 cup quick oats with 1/2 cup water for 1 minute 15 seconds. Add 1 T PB and a snack size box of raisins. 260 calories. Keeps me full. If I'm lifting that day or I know my dinner is extra light I will have a glass of skim milk or a hard boiled egg with it. Some days I'll have 2 hard boiled eggs and a plum or apple instead. Quick and easy! I boil eggs by the dozen, so I always have them on hand.
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member

Okay my wife is British so I know that's equivalent to 154 lbs down to 147 lbs for the rest of us :) That's 7 lbs in two weeks, which is a bit faster than the normal recommended rate. 1 lb per week is enough.

I am also 5'4"(and a half!) and I started this journey at 149lbs...down to 141 as of this morning and yes, while it is coming off slowly it IS coming off! But more important is that I am eating healthier and not overindulging.

Please listen to the great advice here and change your daily calories to 1200. Be diligent in logging your food, you should invest in a food scale, not expensive at all, and weigh/measure your food. Be sure to get your water in also and move when you can.

As far as breakfast, my choices are cereal and fat free milk with berries or other fruit; hard boiled egg and a string cheese, scrambled egg (one whole egg and one egg white) with turkey bacon. Oatmeal with berries and walnuts or almonds tossed in. Also remember, breakfast doesn't necessarily mean you have to eat breakfast foods. You could have grilled chicken with some cheese or fruit or veggies, or roll up deli turkey with a slice of lite cheese.

You can do it!! Lots of support here to help :)

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member

According to your height of 5' 4" your ideal healthy weight is 130 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 116 and 145 pounds. So you could take it a bit slower from here on, and allow yourself a bit more nutrition. Are you also exercising? Calories burned, allow you a bit more calories to eat, so long as there's still a deficit at the end of the day.

@wishingsize8back - what's your goal weight?

You are entirely likely losing weight too quickly, which often leads to burnout or binges.