Oreos: The greatest packaged cookie of all time

Replies

• Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I used to love oreos before they started to give me headaches probly from the chemicals and gmos I switched to Newman's os same kinda cookie but is organic and a more real chocolate taste.

week-in-review-channing-tatum-laughing-1_zpscb03kjt4.gif

Cool story. But for the sake of real life, here's what's actually in Oreos (feel free to point to any "chemicals" or GMOs in the list which could potentially cause headaches).
    UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, PALM, AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), CORNSTARCH, SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN(--)AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.

You mad bro?
    Mhm let's see the Canola oil is GMO, Soy lecithin, can't forget the corn starch the fake vanilla flavor is chemicals it's not real food it's gmos and chemicals in a cookie do your research before you come for mee.

cleagefxx30m.gif

Seriously... everything is made up of chemicals.
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I used to love oreos before they started to give me headaches probly from the chemicals and gmos I switched to Newman's os same kinda cookie but is organic and a more real chocolate taste.

week-in-review-channing-tatum-laughing-1_zpscb03kjt4.gif

Cool story. But for the sake of real life, here's what's actually in Oreos (feel free to point to any "chemicals" or GMOs in the list which could potentially cause headaches).
    UNBLEACHED ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE {VITAMIN B1}, RIBOFLAVIN {VITAMIN B2}, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, PALM, AND/OR CANOLA OIL, COCOA (PROCESSED WITH ALKALI), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LEAVENING (BAKING SODA, AND/OR CALCIUM PHOSPHATE), CORNSTARCH, SALT, SOY LECITHIN, VANILLIN(--)AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CHOCOLATE.

You mad bro?
    Mhm let's see the Canola oil is GMO, Soy lecithin, can't forget the corn starch the fake vanilla flavor is chemicals it's not real food it's gmos and chemicals in a cookie do your research before you come for mee.

You live in a sad, sad world... :'(

Lol not at all I'm sorry you feel the need to say such stupid things because I don't want to poison my body I clearly left a few comments saying how I don't eat them anymore for such reasons if that triggers things within you that's your own issue not mine you don't even know me find a hobby.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Ooh, I might have to hunt down the recipe for this:

Pumpkin-Spice-Oreo-Muffins.jpg
  • triciale555
    triciale555 Posts: 57 Member
    My daughter loves the mint and peanut butter which are 2 I hate so I can easily not eat them. It's when she asks for the regular or lemon that makes it tough :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    I need an Oreo chocolate malt. Mmmmm, I haven't had one of those in years.

xyk7j9h4o5yg.jpg

Dude that looks amazing!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I have celiac disease, so can't have the real thing. Trader Joe's comes close with these:

gf-joe-joe450.png
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I tried the choco chip Oreos recently.

Not dunked in milk: Great
    Dunked: I wasted calories on that. I normally love dunking, but it just didn't work for this flavor.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I have celiac disease, so can't have the real thing. Trader Joe's comes close with these:

gf-joe-joe450.png
    I never got to pick these up, but I wanted to try the mango JoJos.

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member

gf-joe-joe450.png

I think Oreos and pizza would be the two saddest dietary restrictions of celiac.
  • malioumba
    malioumba Posts: 132 Member
    Hey everyone, it looks like I'm a little late to the party!

I do enjoy Oreos, but I do not get why North Americans love these cookies so much. I much prefer other types of cookies - particularly Maple cookies, or lemon cookies - especially if they are soft and chewy. But if I may politely say, it seems to be an American/North American phenomenon, rather than a global obsession. =)