So sick of my chicken recipe. Help!!

Playball549
Playball549 Posts: 35 Member
edited September 2016 in Recipes
I am so sick of the way I do chicken. I have been using the same marinating sauce for years. I am really looking for a new way to do chicken. Grilled or baked, it doesnt matter. Prize goes to the winner.

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I am so sick of the way I do chicken. I have been using the same marinating sauce for years. I am really looking for a new way to do chicken. Grilled or baked, it doesnt matter. Prize goes to the winner.

Well, knowing what you normally do would help...

Lets see.

I loved some chicken my mom always made as a kid, grilled, and then right at the end topped with a mix of tomatoes, green chilis, green onions, and a little bit of olive oil.

I honestly don't make many chicken dishes; well, it's more shredded chicken in other stuff. I'm lazy and like to cook huge quantities of chicken in the crockpot, shred, and then use for other things.

I do a chicken buffalo dip (buffalo sauce, light blue cheese dressing, and greek cream cheese) that I serve with vegetables instead of crackers or chips.

"Italian stew" which is essentially pasta sauce with tons of veggies and shredded chicken but no pasta.

Does chicken sausage count? We eat that a lot because it's super fast, and they taste way better than hotdogs.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Club House seasonings are your friend!
    Lemon Pepper,
    Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic
    There's a million of em! Just sprinkle and bake. Or grill. Or broil.
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    I did grilled chicken tonight with salt, pepper,and chipotle run on it tonight. I served it with rice mixed with cilantro and lime juice
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    auddii wrote: »

Lets see.

I loved some chicken my mom always made as a kid, grilled, and then right at the end topped with a mix of tomatoes, green chilis, green onions, and a little bit of olive oil.

I honestly don't make many chicken dishes; well, it's more shredded chicken in other stuff. I'm lazy and like to cook huge quantities of chicken in the crockpot, shred, and then use for other things.

I do a chicken buffalo dip (buffalo sauce, light blue cheese dressing, and greek cream cheese) that I serve with vegetables instead of crackers or chips.

"Italian stew" which is essentially pasta sauce with tons of veggies and shredded chicken but no pasta.

Does chicken sausage count? We eat that a lot because it's super fast, and they taste way better than hotdogs.

I do shredded chicken in salsa a ton cause it is easy to make in the crock pot and reheat!

Would you mind sharing your buffalo chicken dip recipe? I love anything buffalo chicken and this sounds like a good, lite alternative!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,299 Member
    I have so many ways to cook chicken. One of them before mfp was so yummy. I quit making it cause of the high sodium but maby you can improvise: saute onions, mushrooms, zucchini & garlic near end. Add boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Add a little water, not enough to cover. Cook on low till tender, add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
    Here's another, Chicken Paprika(I"m Hungarian) saute onions in olive oil, add same chicken as above, add deli style pepperoncini, garlic & about 4 tbl spoons +of smoky paprika. Cook till tender. you can also add some chili flakes. Before mfp, i used chicken broth instead of water(but now I discovered no salt added broth) when done, you can put some sour cream on top mmmm. This one is actually low cal I used about 4-6 pieces chicken
  • OneWayOnlyCycles
    OneWayOnlyCycles Posts: 67 Member
    Take a meat mallet. Take your boneless, skinless chicken breast. Place it between two pieces of wax paper or one big piece folded over. Sprinkle any seasonings you like on the chicken, both sides. Then when you have pounded the chicken almost paper thin, sauce it in olive oil a few minutes until done. chicken must be very thin. Serve with any kind of sauce you like. The surprising thing is that the very thin chicken will taste like nothing else you have ever tasted!! Makes a great sandwich right out of the pan since it will be so tender!!
  • suprdelight
    suprdelight Posts: 1 Member
    Garlic salt and pepper. My recent fave.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    I need to see how recipes are made, so I go over to YouTube and check out AllRecipe's channel along with reading the recipe on their website. The last chicken recipe I tried was Greek Lemon Chicken and Potatoes - very easy to make and delicious!! :)
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Sear in pan (chicken breast cutlets), add your favorite marinara, top each cutlet with a few thin slices of pepperoni and provolone or mozzarella cheese, cover or broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited September 2016

Lets see.

I do shredded chicken in salsa a ton cause it is easy to make in the crock pot and reheat!

Would you mind sharing your buffalo chicken dip recipe? I love anything buffalo chicken and this sounds like a good, lite alternative!

@alyssadanielle2493 - I use the skinnytaste version - it tastes like full fat to me http://www.skinnytaste.com/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip/

Buffalo-Chicken-Dip.jpg

SKINNYTASTE BUFFALO RECIPES

She also has an awesome buffalo flavored burger, buffalo meatballs, buffalo stuffed peppers, buffalo chili, etc.
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    @Queenmunchy thanks so much! Definitely going to try this soon!
  • The_Ugly_One
    The_Ugly_One Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2016
    Pound chicken breasts to uniform thickness.
    Rub with olive oil.
    Sprinkle on both sides with mixture of 2 parts salt, 2 parts black pepper, 2 parts onion powder, and 1 part paprika.
    Top with 1 clove minced garlic per chicken breast.
    Cover with grated Parmesan cheese.
    Bake at 400F for 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat.

You can also toss some diced red potato and broccoli with some olive oil and the same seasoning mixture and bake it all at once with the chicken on the same pan.
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    African chicken stew with peanut butter sauce
    Peking chicken
  • anntoureilles
    anntoureilles Posts: 18 Member
    This is my favorite chicken recipe on the planet. The recipe calls for thighs which are the best way to make it, but we have also made it with small breasts (pounded thin) and drumsticks. Just adjust the cooking time. You can also skip the green sauce if you can't spare the calories, although it's delicious and really elevates the chicken.

Peruvian Baked Chicken Thighs

Hands-On Time: 15 Minutes
    Total Preparation Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes

Ingredients
    3/4 c fresh cilantro leaves
    1/2 c soy sauce (low sodium, if you prefer)
    3 T distilled white vinegar
    1 1/2 T vegetable oil
    1T ground cumin
    1 1/2 t hot paprika
    3/4 t dried oregano
    1/4 to 1/2 t cayenne pepper
    6 cloves garlic
    12 small bone-in chicken thighs with skin (about 4 pounds)
    Green Sauce (recipe follows)

1. Combine the cilantro, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, cumin, paprika, oregano, and the desired amount of cayenne in a blender; press in the garlic (about 2 tablespoons) and puree for the marinade. Combine the marinade and the chicken in a resealable plastic bag and set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes, turning the bag once.
    2. Place an oven rack on the top shelf of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°F. Drain the chicken, discarding the marinade, and pat the chicken dry. Arrange the chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Top each portion with green sauce.
    3. Green Sauce: Combine 3 large scallions, trimmed and halved, 1/4 cup sliced Serrano chile with seeds and ribs, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 2 oz crumbled goat cheese (1/2 cup), 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/2 cup half-and half in a blender and puree until smooth.
  • Blubberbuster1
    Blubberbuster1 Posts: 265 Member

I buy the boneless skinless chicken breast strips in bags from Costco, fill up a pan with about 7-9 strips, and cook it with a lid on for 13min on low heat. It's the most tensor chicken I've ever head and only do it that way now. I only use MrsDash seasoning as it's got like nothing in it. Great for anything, salad, sandwiches, snack size, just perfect to weigh and cut as needed. So tendor.
  • MarkaStone
    MarkaStone Posts: 55 Member
    Chuck Chicken Wings (or thighs) into a frying pan with a little Olive Oil (use a oil spray if you prefer) cook until browned.
    Add Chicken Stock. Not quite enough to cover.
    Once the stock is boiling put the lid on the pan & put it in the oven for 35-45 minutes (until the chicken is cooked through).
    Take it out of the oven and put it back on the Hob.
    Throw in some peas & cook until peas are tender.
    Turn off the heat.
    Add a small tub of Creme Fraiche (I use a half fat brand, Yeo Valley because it's not got much in the way of additives).
    Once you've mixed it around put in some Little Gem Lettuce (trust me it works)
    Serve with Green Beans or whatever you want tbh.

The lettuce is fantastic cooked. Oh yeah and season it all with Salt & pepper to taste once you add the creme fraiche.
  • Imthempres
    Imthempres Posts: 24 Member
    For something quick and easy, I make a stir fry with chicken tenders or strips. Sliced (not diced) onions, garlic, and spritz of olive oil spray. I use a mandolin to slice carrots and any other veg, such as zucchini. I add Bragg's Aminos or soy sauce. Serve with brown rice or in a brown rice wrap. I've used asparagus, broccoli, eggplant-basically anything you like or have on hand.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member

Lets see.

@alyssadanielle2493 - I use the skinnytaste version - it tastes like full fat to me http://www.skinnytaste.com/lighter-buffalo-chicken-dip/

Buffalo-Chicken-Dip.jpg

SKINNYTASTE BUFFALO RECIPES

She also has an awesome buffalo flavored burger, buffalo meatballs, buffalo stuffed peppers, buffalo chili, etc.

YOU ARE THE QUEEN OF RECIPE IDEAS :)