3 hours?

Angela937
Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
Should I be patient while waiting 3 hours for my date to show up? He kept saying he had to stop and do this or that, or that he'd be there in 10 minutes then another hour would go by. When he finally showed up, he didn't understand why I was mad.

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    i would of left after half hour passed tbh
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Im married, but if I were dating I wouldnt wait more than an hr for someone. if he cant be on time for that then to me hes not really interested. I can see if something legit did come up. but why couldnt he have left early to do what he had to do or do it another time.I think maybe he was hoping you would call off? so he wouldnt look like the bad guy?
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    No.
  • GymRatSF
    GymRatSF Posts: 8,903 Member
    Who would wait 3 hours? I'm thinking if you decided to wait THAT long you got no right to complain.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Case I: He has a good excuse, like "I was EMTd to the hospital for emergency heart surgery"
    > OK to wait or reschedule.

Case II: He has a not so good excuse, like "I need to floss my cat and do some other things first"
    > Get another guy to date.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,469 Member
    Sorry love...he's not interested, but he doesn't have the strength to actually call it off. He's hoping you will. You should...
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Don't you think that's a little sad?
  • Alienique
    Alienique Posts: 122 Member
    No, I wouldn't wait. In general, if you have to be more than two hours late for something, it's better to let the person know early on and postpone the meeting or raincheck on it altogether- just as a common courtesy for the person you're meeting with. I understand that sometimes last-minute cancellations happen, but to keep making someone wait for you is just rude and inconsiderate, in my opinion.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Get out
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Wow. Three hours waiting? I am assuming he was coming to pick you up at your house?

Did he actually realize this was a date or was it a casual "if you are going to be around, I'll stop by this afternoon sometime" kind of thing?

Was this a first in person meeting or is he someone that has "qualities" that make you willing to wait?

Obviously not relationship material (what kind of person can't even plan out their next 10 minutes, for 3 hours?).
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Hell nah
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    GymRatSF wrote: »
    Who would wait 3 hours? I'm thinking if you decided to wait THAT long you got no right to complain.

^This. I don't wait that long for anyone, no matter the case. Time is a very precious commodity, there is no excuse for wasting it. If I was to actually wait that long, it would have just been to rip him a new one and leave him with the bill, of which would be large.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Lose that loser! You can do better!
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    I think that's really rude! Not a good way to make a first impression!
  • Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    I think I'm a pushover
  • amcalmond768
    amcalmond768 Posts: 289 Member
    Angela937 wrote: »
    I think I'm a pushover

You had every right to be bad! Hope you put that idiot in his place!!!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    You deserve better