All About Bears, the OMAD Mascot...

arguablysamson
arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
Feel free to add this collection on information. As a researcher of all things bears, the OMAD namesake needs a thread devoted to the study of these remarkable creatures:

http://phys.org/news/2012-03-black-wound-capabilities-hibernation.html

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I just keep finding out more and more about these metabolic masterpieces of our planet!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    What amazing creatures they are. I feel bad that the scientists have to wound the bears to do their experiments, but the results are amazing.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited October 2016
    I saw a documentary several years ago called: Grizzly Man (Timothy Treadwell) Grizzlyman...wow, it was "something else". :o If you haven't seen it, pls. check it out!

https://www.amazon.com/Grizzly-Man-Werner-Herzog/dp/B007K8BDMY
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited October 2016
    I read some articles on Grizzly Man. Some of the articles said he was bipolar. It is awful that he and his girlfriend died in their camp where they were attacked by a hungry bear. He thought the bears were friends of his. He was lucky for 13 years but it is reality that you can't turn wild animals into 'friends'. Eventually a bear will eat you if they are hungry enough...that's their nature. So sad.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    I read some articles on Grizzly Man. Some of the articles said he was bipolar. It is awful that he and his girlfriend died in their camp where they were attacked by a hungry bear. He thought the bears were friends of his. He was lucky for 13 years but it is reality that you can't turn wild animals into 'friends'. Eventually a bear will eat you if they are hungry enough...that's their nature. So sad.

Sooooo utterly sad and watching that movie/documentary years ago, left me stunned and scratching my head big time! I'm not sure if "bipolar" was invogue at the time, I just knew something was way off about that young man and the girl too--really sad and shocking indeed!