WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2016

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    :heart:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    evening ladies~
    sticking with black right now, like my mood.. I get home and the first thing I hear is I am not listening ,im exasperating and he is slamming his fists on his desk.. really? dont need this...
    Gonna go to bed early so I dont need to listen to him..
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    I am going to try color!
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,302 Member
    Last week I did great trying to exercise to Youtube videos. However, my neck caught up with me over the weekend and I have not exercised in 4 days. Hope to start again tomorrow.

Carol from GA
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Hello all,

Sarah from the beautiful Palouse of North Idaho and eastern WA. Back on track and moving forward so I want to rejoin this timely group! I'm 53 1/2 :-) It is a struggle for me - I lose I gain I lose consistency and sticking to the plan are my goals for the rest of the year.

September Goals
    •log every bite
    •Follow FMD guidelines for 28 days
    •Walk/lift/yoga as defined by the plan no problem average 13K-15K a day
    •Ride my horses at least 3 times a week

October Goals:
    •Follow FMD dietary guidelines 80/20 rule
    •log every bite
    •Drink at least 80 oz water a day
    •Walk/lift/yoga as defined by the plan
    •Ride my horses at least 3 times a week (except for the week I am out of town)
    •Maintain healthy eating habits when out of town
    •get a massage
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Back from my dr. visit and first PT session. Great visit withe Dr. and excellent outlook. Next visit in 4 weeks. The PT session...... yeeeeouch!!!!!!!!!!! Now to force myself to stick with the 3x a day plan. ice is my best friend.

Marcelyn
    with the throbbing shoulder in Houston
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    marcelyn I feel for you, I know this is really hard. Be good to yourself and keep that ice machine working hard. NYKAREN
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Welcome to October everyone....she says 5 pages into the monthly thread....!!!

Cheri
    in seasonably cooler College Station, TX
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Ok, somebody is highjacking my posts.
    Cheri - gonna get warm again this week but the cool was nice for a few days.
    Marcelyn- glad you had a good report. My DdIL is an orthopedic surgeon and she said that is the most painful surgery. Sending healing thoughts to you.
    Michele- be careful and Watch the weather this week.

SueBDew in TX
  • fanncy0626
    edited October 2016
    September goals evaluation
    1. Stronglifts 3-4 times a week and increase weight. I didn't increase weight
    2. Kettlebell swing 4-5 times a week. Check
    3. Transition from the 35 to the 40 pound kettle bell. Check
    4. Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge 100 + miles. Check
    5. Make healthier food and drink choices. Working on

October goals
    1. I will be on maintenance this month due to a vacation from the 13th through the 24th
    2. Stronglifts 3-4 times a week when not on vacation.
    3. Kettle bell swing 3 to 4 times a week.
    4. Walk 1,000 Miles Challenge 100 + miles.
    5. Make healthier food and drink choices.

Word for the month- self control
    Quote for the month- "I know I can "

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited October 2016
    Happy October.....seems September flew by, We have had DD & SIL here twice for a long wk end,usually 4 days. They are 6 hrs away since moving to NC,a doable drive from us.
    Everyone who is hurting or recovering nicely,take care. Right now our family is fine & we are getting along.Our local DD had her Happy Fall pot luck & weiner roast Saturday eve. That is also DHs BD.We have a lot of BDs this mo,so need to get cards ready to send.
    Weather is wonderful,low 50s/high 70s & sunny.Was on the back porch with a book for a couple hrs,just enjoying the day.

Diet wise.....Not doing any exercise except walking,Dr's orders. Still tracking my food & almost never go over my calorie limit. Tried on a fav light wt jacket [Love jackets!] & it was just a smidgen too big.I take my compliments where I find them.

PS,part of my post was deleted? Thought that was old news,but guess not :/
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    barbie glad you are getting up a little and also taking naps-- how's the pain level?

I love our more colorful posts, very cheery. NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    total stats for the day:
    ride hm 2 gym- 13.35min, 13amph, 146mhr, 2.9mi = 140c
    SPIN- 41.15min, 81r, 81w, 9-11g, 124mhr, 17mi = 273c
    ride gym 2 dome- 8.23min, 10.2amph, 136mhr, 1.4mi = 81c
    ride dome 2 hm- 19.18min, 153mhr, 8amph, 2.5mi = 214c
    total cal 708
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)NYKAREN, I am taking a prescription pain med, an OTC pain med and a prescription muscle relaxer so the pain is controlled enough that walking and sleeping and sitting are comfortable...but I have enough pain to remind me to be careful.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Did 10 minutes of an ab DVD, held my plank for 2 min 50 sec, then the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do a 20-40-60 workout on the treadmill. That's running for 20 seconds, walking fast for 40, recovering for 1 minute.

Betty - good for you having that chocolate cake! I know that if I'm craving something, I just can't do without it, I need to have at least a little bit. That's usually enough to satisfy me. I know that some ladies on here can't have even just a small taste of something like that. Well, we're all different.

DJ - Christmas in October? What about Halloween? How well does that go over? Is this the first time the Moose has done this? I've heard a lot of people complaining about the fact that the stores have christmas things in them now, that's why I questioned it.

Alison - so sorry about your friend

Toni - hip hip horray

Will go to the Y to work out and then have an eye MD appt. Afterwards, we're going to go to the home of the couple who is cohosting the Halloween Party with us to get tables from them and anything else that they might have. Then tomorrow night is Mexican Train.

Now, I usually write my post in a Word document and then copy and paste it. I'm going to try the color, see how it comes out if I put it in the document. We shall see.

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Hey, it works!

Michele
  • fanncy0626
    <3

Mary from Minnesota
  • SSC1958
    SSC1958 Posts: 411 Member
    Welcome to everyone new!

Toni: Congrats on the loss!

Barbie: Glad the pain is tolerable

Marcelyn: Hope you are able to manage the PT with less pain soon.

Fancy: Love the hair.

DJ: Nice score on the evening bags etc.

First day back to work from holidays...whew and it was an all day meeting. No wonder my hips are sore - all of that sitting. Tried to make up for it when I got home by going grocery shopping.

Goals for Oct:
    - Increase walking now that the hamstring has healed
    - Get to Tai Chi at least once a week

Nighty Night,

Carey - Northern Alberta