Had an over indulging weekend

Ok so I am trying to eat a 2000 calorie a day diet trying to lose weight I lost weight once n gained back all my weight which was close to 100 pounds.. I was wondering if I over indulged this weekend is it safe to go right back to my 2000 calorie diet or is it safe to fast for a day?

Replies

• Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    dude just have fun its one weekend
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Ok so I am trying to eat a 2000 calorie a day diet trying to lose weight I lost weight once n gained back all my weight which was close to 100 pounds.. I was wondering if I over indulged this weekend is it safe to go right back to my 2000 calorie diet or is it safe to fast for a day?

It's safe to do either for an otherwise healthy person.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Just carry on...it's one weekend.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    I wouldn't fast for a day, no. Depending on how much I overindulged I would either carry on as usual the next day, or maybe cut calories back for a couple days if I really went crazy.
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Don't fast! It increases your odds of bingeing. Maybe go easy the next few days at like 1800 calories. Worst case, just go back to 2000, it's only one weekend!
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    When I've over indulged I typically take the next day as a "stick to the program" day, eating at my normal small deficit, and during the day or two after that up the deficit a bit. I have no scientific reason for this except this is what my body wants to do (based on appetite/hunger).
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Meh, it is just one weekend. What is more important here is that you get back to your deficit without fasting, excess cardio or huge calorie restriction. Enjoy your weekend, log if you can and go back to normal calorie counting. You'll be fine. Enjoy your weekend, don't overthink it or stress yourself out worrying. A weekend is just a tiny thread in the weight loss blanket after all.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    aliem wrote: »
    Don't fast! It increases your odds of bingeing. Maybe go easy the next few days at like 1800 calories. Worst case, just go back to 2000, it's only one weekend!

Who says a one day fast increases odds of bingeing? I'd like to see the data on that.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Fast for medical and religious reasons, not for weight loss.

How much do you currently weigh? 2,000 calories might be too restrictive.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Just get back on it no matter how long you overindulged. Think about why you over indulged so you can come up with a plan next time