Anybody tried Orange Theory Fitness?

I have a few friends who go, and love it. They have had great results. I was just wondering if anyone else has any reviews. Good or bad :)

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Never heard of it before
    Done a quick Google and David Lloyd charges 20 pounds a session.
    It sounds like a crazy circuit session where you can see how much you are burning
    Probably will get great results but is it better than any other circuit class who knows
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    I did a trial class a few weeks ago, I really liked it. I am getting ready to join for 8 classes a month. I don't know if I would like it as my only workout, I am afraid I would get bored if I did that all the time and got the unlimited membership. Twice a week sounds good though.
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    i did 4 classes total. i couldnt even keep up and kept having to be given modifications which is really embarrassing. the first one KILLED me. like i couldnt move at all for about 3 days. it was way too hard for me - TONS of push-ups and weight workouts. then off to the rower, then off to the tredmill. repeat about 100times...

i tried again with another instructor about a week later, and he was a lot easier and i thought maybe i can do this... but then he stopped showing up on the schedule so i tried ANOTHER instructor 2 weeks after that.

i really really REALLY liked her, but couldnt get into the "orange zone" for the amount of time they try to get you to be in it (5 min and 6 min in her class) and felt like i was wasting the money since i couldnt get my body to do what they were specifically trying to get me to do. the goal is something like 15-20 minutes of orange, and even tho i was pushing myself i just couldnt do it and i felt like a failure all over again...

i havent been back in about 6months but have been considering it. i'm just lazy and it's the opposite direction from my house/office so it's not convenient for me. totally ask about the different instructors tho. i think the first one was a sadist. one of the ones at my place is a favorite of everyone and it's really hard to get into his class because they fill up weeks in advance so thats a downside. they only allow so many people (i think 26) so you might not be able to go on a whim if you decide you have extra time one day.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited October 2016
    i have been a member of the studio near me for over a year with the basic package (4 workouts a month). i love it! it's a great workout to switch things up.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    I just joined recently. I love it! It's hard for me but that's what I like about it!
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    I went and I enjoyed the class. I don't think I would like it as my only workout. Once a week would probably do it for me.
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    LOVE! I've been a member for over a year now. It's been like working out with family for me.
  • mafhoney
    mafhoney Posts: 28 Member
    I've even doing it for a few weeks and I love it! It's a total butt kicker, but I'm always really motivated and it goes by so fast. I have the unlimited package and so far have it setup for 5 days a week. The only days I dread are Endurance days. We had that today and I thought I was going to barf.
  • robdowns1300
    robdowns1300 Posts: 152 Member
    I thought about trying it in the spring when on cut cycle.
  • kaygold
    kaygold Posts: 92 Member
    I've been going since March of this year, and steadily all of my friends have joined as well. I go 3-4 times a week, and my body has changed for the better! I love it - perfect for a former cardio freak like me because I get a mix of cardio and strength training. My recommendation? Try it out, and see how you like it. The first class is free :) Yes, it can be expensive depending who you ask, but its so worth it!
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • JonDrees
    JonDrees Posts: 161 Member
    edited October 2016
    It can be a good supplemental form of exercise, but I wouldn't recommend it for your only source. 2-3 days of OTF and 2-3 of resistance training would be good.
  • rjdomos
    rjdomos Posts: 1 Member
    I love OTF. It's my main workout 3-5 times per week. I have lost 8 inches in 5 months and I'm stronger and have more stamina than anytime in my life since I was in my mid 20's. (I'm 55 now).

I love that i get in and get out in 1 hour - no messing around. It's group personal training so I get plenty of postive motivation from the coach and just enough personal attention (but not 100% focused on me, which I don't want!).

Highly recommended.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    It looks really interesting, and I'd be interested in trying it, but they don't list prices anywhere on their website. I really really don't like playing guessing games.
  • slickmickey
    slickmickey Posts: 113 Member
    It looks really interesting, and I'd be interested in trying it, but they don't list prices anywhere on their website. I really really don't like playing guessing games.

they have 3 or 4 different membership levels if you want to go a specific number of times a month - or you can pay per class but thats pricey ($28/class?). i dont remember what the membership prices were - i think the low one was 60 for 4 classes?
  • zztoolzz87
    zztoolzz87 Posts: 10 Member
    I love it. I go 7 days a week.
  • jyamiolk
    jyamiolk Posts: 37 Member
    I have been going since February. I really enjoy the treadmill and rower exercises. I started as a power walker and am not running at a decent pace (6.5 push and 8.5 sprint) I am 5'10 and 180 and typically burn about 750 calories a session depending on the intensity. The work out changes daily and can be either Endurance, Strength, Power or ESP which involves all three. Having the heart rate monitoring keeps me motivated throughout the class. I go three times a week.
  • Karbum
    Karbum Posts: 124 Member
    Thanks everyone!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    It's super expensive here in NYC and was considering it. For those who are members, do you monitor your own progress with the strength portion - lifting weights? I was looking for something structured that monitored progressive overload, but that may be asking too much?