Hey all!

I'm giving cowboy dressage a start on the Blue boy! Includes liberty work, trail, and dressage yahoo! Almost triple eventing LOL

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
    Sounds like fun! I'm about to take my dressage horse on a mini endurance ride! :lol:
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Blue hurt himself so I had to do the cowboy dressage trail competition and liberty with the green guy. Dakota did so good! I am so excited for him and I figured out I love trail competition! Cowboy dressage will be a good skill builder I think but it is way to fussy for me - I can hardly coordinate my clothes for work let alone for a show environment! LOl the people are awesome though - they don't care :-)
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    How did it go Mouse-potato?
  • Mouse_Potato
    We haven't gone yet. I am moving her to a new facility on Thursday and that's where we will start trying new things. I am excited, but also nervous.

I hope Blue is doing better. Cowboy dressage sounds interesting. I may have to look in to that. My girl is still pretty green, so I don't yet know where she will excel. I am happy to try any discipline. I've done enough dressage and H/J to last a lifetime!
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    We've been toying with the idea of Cowboy dressage for my boy as well, but there really doesn't seem to be any support for it in the area. The closest we seem to find any interest in/support for locally is Western Dressage. Still, it's something. Unfortunately, with me working overtime AND going to school, I don't have much time to ride, so my GF is the one doing most of the work. Still, we're excited about it and looking forward to working together to figure it out. Now, if we can just get my horse to stop being so stubborn.... ;)
  • Mouse_Potato
    What is the difference between Western dressage and Cowboy dressage?
  • Muldactus
    Muldactus Posts: 6,972 Member
    The way I understand it, Western Dressage, is pretty much English Dressage (to a certain level anyway) only using western tack and clothing. They're still looking for the same suspension and movements as you go higher up in the tests. Cowboy Dressage geared more towards the types of movements used in ranches and that type of work. I guess western dressage is geared more towards general/generic suppleness, and cowboy dressage is geared towards working horses and working movements.

Having said that, I'm NO kind of expert, so take that explanation with a grain of salt. it's entirely possible that I could be way off.
  • Mouse_Potato
    I appreciate the explanation! I am only familiar with English dressage. I'm about to expand my horizons, though. I just got confirmation that we are moving my girl tomorrow afternoon. Yikes! Here comes change!