Please allow me to introduce myself...

Replies

• goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Welcome taz and richie. Glad to see you found us here.
  • Jimb376
    Jimb376 Posts: 106 Member
    @tazboy
    Welcome! The title may be misleading. GoaDs includes Guys/Gals on a Diet, BUT this isn't like many female dominated WW groups, e.g. we don't discuss sports bras LoL. That used to be stated in our welcoming message when GoaD was on WW Community BBs. The women here have taught me a lot, GoaD is a good group to get facts, tough love, no BS a KITA and/or support as needed.

@Richie2shoes
    My younger bro had same procedure as you last May. Nothing like a serious medical issue to get ones attention on improving your lifestyle. Welcome aboard!
  • the_new_mark_2017
    the_new_mark_2017 Posts: 149 Member
    HAHA, thanks for the welcome everybody! Willpower is my problem. I can stick to any type of "eating plan" for about 3 or 4 days then I jump on another bandwagon. Look forward to getting some tips.
  • Jimb376
    Jimb376 Posts: 106 Member
    edited October 2016
    HAHA, thanks for the welcome everybody! Willpower is my problem. I can stick to any type of "eating plan" for about 3 or 4 days then I jump on another bandwagon. Look forward to getting some tips.

@the_new_mark_2016
    I see your first post here was 8 days ago, and you're still here!
    How's it going?

• jmcdao
    jmcdao Posts: 20 Member
    I just joined the group!

Never been on weight watchers, but have been on a steady yo-yo of various diets for the last 10 years.
    Hoping to find the willpower to stick it out this time, and lose 30-40 pounds.

I've joined a great gym, and have a great eating plan.
    Now it's just the willpower to stick with it, and the fortitude to bounce back from a setback (which will inevitably come).
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Hey, the name is Martijn am from the Netherlands and working on a a boat. Have a "seated" job so i need the exercise and watching in food intake.
    i weighed 126kg..and then i needed to change course. started to workout and watch what i'm eating...two years later i'm stuck around 100kg. cant seem to go lower. but i enjoy working out.
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 862 Member
    Welcome guys! I look forward to seeing you post on here and follow your progress. Join in.

Instead of willpower, try substituting commitment. Just a thought.

A big hello going out to the Netherlands from Texas.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Good to have you aboard, @jmcdao and @tinuz ! Like Phil said, don't be bashful...
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,518 Member
    Welcome Martijn and jmcdao!
  • jmcdao
    jmcdao Posts: 20 Member
    Love it Philtex! I will call it "commitment" instead of willpower.
    Willpower can fade day-to-day, but commitment can persist through the tough times.
  • goldenfrisbee
    Welcome guys. A favorite phrase around here is "lose weight in the kitchen" Probably the best exercise you can do is the push away. Push away from the table, push away from the fridge and push away from the late night snacking.
  • Hi! Hope y'all don't mind a ladyperson joining you - ex-WWer here. I lost 80 pounds with the original plan circa 8 years ago, but disliked the subsequent plans and gave in to pizza/champagne/extreme weight creep. Loving MFP, and can't wait to meet y'all!
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,847 Member
    Welcome. We have plenty gal "guys" here. Most of us are WW'ers or ex-WW'ers. I'm still on plan (more or less) trying to re-gain lifetime status.
  • goldenfrisbee
    Glad to have you here Hope. Jump right in to some of the daily threads or just create a new one.
  • minimyzeme
    minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
    Welcome mmb! I'm pretty convinced you can be counting points or calories (or widgets, for that matter) as long as you stay around your maximum daily allowance, you'll get the results you're looking for. Glad to have you aboard; like goldenfrisbee said, jump right in!
  • TimDumez
    TimDumez Posts: 1,161 Member
    Hello All! Well, I'm back again for the 4th time, I believe. I've been lurking for a good while but not taking part, embarrassment mostly I guess. 2016 was a particularly bad year for me. I had a couple of serious operations and lost Ruth Ann, my wife of 40 years, in September from heart issues. I know, those are just excuses, not reasons. But I guess the point is that I'm back and will do my best. Good to see so many familiar faces and avatars still here. I'll relate more of the story in other posts. Good to be back, I THINK!!! lol
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 862 Member
    Welcome back Tim! Sincere condolences on the loss of your DW. Remember the good times.

Are you going to follow your old WW program? MFP? Whatever you choose, stick with it. You can do it!
  • TimDumez
    TimDumez Posts: 1,161 Member
    Hi Phil! I'm tracking on my PP calculator and keeping a daily computer record on MFP.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,230 Member
    Tim,
    I saw yr friend request but your account is private so I'll respond here. Sorry for your loss, I don't know what I would if that happened to me. Our 48th anniversary is next month.

My five year WW anniversary is is 1/17, I have lost 145# (376 to 231) but BMI chart still say OBESE, so I keep going toward Onederland.

The MFP GoaD group has some veterans and we are trying to get new recruits.

Question: How did you find us GoaDies on MFP? We switched last Fall, in Aug I think?

Always nice to see a familiar face, Welcome!

Jim
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,518 Member
    Welcome Tim. I am sorry for your loss. I am glad you found us and are back.