I know it's not...

Really suppose to matter but.. today I finally hit normal weight in the bmi chart! I don't know when I've ever been in it! I've lost 79.8 lbs with at least 10lb to go but I have to say I'm pretty darn proud of myself!

SW 248
CW 169
GW 159-160
5'9"

Replies

• cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Congrats!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Woohoo!! I hope to be there soon too. Don't downplay your accomplishment! You did it!!
  • aprillwoodley626
    aprillwoodley626 Posts: 50 Member
    Woohoo!! I hope to be there soon too. Don't downplay your accomplishment! You did it!!

Thank you!! And you will be!!
  • aprillwoodley626
    akf2000 wrote: »
    It matters! at a loss for any particular target weight I turned to the bmi chart, the green zone is the promised land! well done on those amazing stats, and you can round it up to 80lb, you're amongst friends here!

Awwww thank you so much! And your so right it is the promise land!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Well done
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Woo hoo!! That is amazing. When you started did you really believe you would lose that much? I have lost 74 pounds and I'm 6 pounds away from normal BMI. I really want to get there too. When I started I didn't even think it was possible, now I believe it is! I get so excited when someone post that they are in normal BMI range it keeps pushing me to get there too! Well done.
  • pageohana6
    pageohana6 Posts: 49 Member
    Congrats! That is my current goal, to be on a healthy weight range according to the BMI chart. I have 16 more pds to go. Lost 30 so far. It's pretty cool and feels amazing to go from obese, then to overweight currently. Next phase will be "normal"!!
  • aprillwoodley626
    julie2038 wrote: »
    Woo hoo!! That is amazing. When you started did you really believe you would lose that much? I have lost 74 pounds and I'm 6 pounds away from normal BMI. I really want to get there too. When I started I didn't even think it was possible, now I believe it is! I get so excited when someone post that they are in normal BMI range it keeps pushing me to get there too! Well done.

There were lots of ups and downs, we all know how tough it is! Being in a normal bmi finally feels so much better than a number on the scale honestly
  • aprillwoodley626
    pageohana6 wrote: »
    Congrats! That is my current goal, to be on a healthy weight range according to the BMI chart. I have 16 more pds to go. Lost 30 so far. It's pretty cool and feels amazing to go from obese, then to overweight currently. Next phase will be "normal"!!

Congrats!!! You'll be there before you know it!
  • aprillwoodley626
    Congrats to all of us! We are kicking our healthy lifestyles in to gear!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,050 Member
    Great job.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Really suppose to matter but.. today I finally hit normal weight in the bmi chart! I don't know when I've ever been in it! I've lost 79.8 lbs with at least 10lb to go but I have to say I'm pretty darn proud of myself!

SW 248
    CW 169
    GW 159-160
    5'9"

It does matter to you. That makes it important.
    I remember when I got there (not that long ago) and I was over the moon. Go ahead be happy, be incredibly proud etc. You deserve it. Well done!
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Awesome job. I'm so hoping to get there myself. Hoorah for getting to a healthy place!
  • aprillwoodley626
    fposte2016 wrote: »
    Awesome job. I'm so hoping to get there myself. Hoorah for getting to a healthy place!

You'll get there!
  • sunny_d22
    sunny_d22 Posts: 316 Member
    Great job! I'm 2 pounds from a normal BMI. It is so exciting. I've never been a normal BMI, not even as a kid.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2016
    BMI matters unless you've trained to have a lot of extra muscle. Congrats! Check out your FFMI https://www.easycalculation.com/health/ffmi-calculator.php
  • aprillwoodley626
    sunny_d22 wrote: »
    Great job! I'm 2 pounds from a normal BMI. It is so exciting. I've never been a normal BMI, not even as a kid.

I'm so excited for you!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Of course it matters! That's amazing, and you should be proud.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    That's great. you are my height... I bet you look pretty good right now..and those last ten pounds will make you look AWESOME Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!