quick weight loss

Any tips on how to loose 10 pounds in 1 month????

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Don't.

The only people for whom it's safe to lose weight quickly are those who are very seriously obese and under doctor's supervision.

Some people experience quick initial rates of loss with a safe deficit doing low carbohydrate dieting due to water weight losses, but that's not true fat loss.

If you only have those ten pounds to lose? There's no safe way to do it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    One month will not be enough to see a big difference. Because to lose 10 pounds in that time, you need to weigh a lot. But every day and month that you stick to your calorie goal, will contribute to your success. Being impatient and having unrealistic expectations will take you farther from any result you are after.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Any tips on how to loose 10 pounds in 1 month????

If you have 100lbs to lose then it'll be quite easy... have you?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Unless you are obese, very steep calorie deficits make it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. That means your body will be using lean muscle mass for fuel.

If you want to look better.....choose moderate paced weight loss. Who (besides you) is going to see the number on the scale anyway?
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    What are your stats? It's not uncommon for someone with a lot of weight to lose to lose 10 pounds in the first month...I did. (although keep in mind that a significant portion of that was probably water)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Whats the hurry?
  • foldsfamilyof7
    foldsfamilyof7 Posts: 2 Member
    In the morning start your day with a large glass of water. The in a tea cup, put a table spoon of apple cider vinegar and add water. Down it. Taste horrible but it does good things for you body. And also garcinia cambogia helped me kick off my weight lose with very little lifestyle change initially. Find a brand that has 60% HCA and vegan capsules. They will cost a bit more but not much and they work. The pordict is safe and natural. You can find out how it works by searching garcinia cambogia Dr oz, on YouTube to watch his segment on the product. I lost 10 lbs the first week and another 10 lbs the second week. Weight loss will come to a screeching halt however after the fantom weight is gone if the user does not implement diet changes. And preferably exercise.
  • PamWOhio
    PamWOhio Posts: 120 Member
    Dr. Oz has endorsed a bunch of the crap diet pills. Save your money..don't do it.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    In the morning start your day with a large glass of water. The in a tea cup, put a table spoon of apple cider vinegar and add water. Down it. Taste horrible but it does good things for you body. And also garcinia cambogia helped me kick off my weight lose with very little lifestyle change initially. Find a brand that has 60% HCA and vegan capsules. They will cost a bit more but not much and they work. The pordict is safe and natural. You can find out how it works by searching garcinia cambogia Dr oz, on YouTube to watch his segment on the product. I lost 10 lbs the first week and another 10 lbs the second week. Weight loss will come to a screeching halt however after the fantom weight is gone if the user does not implement diet changes. And preferably exercise.

OP see these bolded terms and run the other direction.

Stick to a reasonable caloric deficit. Log everything you eat and drink. Weigh your food. Use correct entries (no homemade or generic). Move more. You will lose. May not be 10 pounds in a month but a loss is a loss. What is the rush any way.

@foldsfamilyof7 what is "fantom weight"

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    edited October 2016
    I have been averaging 10 pounds a month for 10 months. I am eating Low Carb High Fat (LCHF). Its pretty easy if you have some will power. Checkout dietdoctor.com. I bet you will lose 5 in the first week. I also made my cal deficit a little lower that MFP suggested
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    billglitch wrote: »
    I have been averaging 10 pounds a month for 10 months. I am eating Low Carb High Fat (LCHF). Its pretty easy if you have some will power. Checkout dietdoctor.com. I bet you will lose 5 in the first week

Im sure 99.9% of this stuff can be found for free on Google...or here.
    LCHF isnt for everyone. And the amount lost intially is highly dependent on how much you have to lose.

A person dropping 100lbs and a person dropping 30lbs wont lose at the same rate most likely.
    And a drop of 5lbs in 1 week is mostly water. I doubt there is a weekly deficit of 17,500 calories.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member

No

Have you ever poured vinegar over limestone? If you have limestone somewhere outside get a piece and bring it into the kitchen. Pour normal kitchen vinegar over it. You'll see that it starts fizzing and resolves very slowly. The same happens to your teeth as the material is pretty much the same. Bad idea.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    yirara wrote: »

No

Have you ever poured vinegar over limestone? If you have limestone somewhere outside get a piece and bring it into the kitchen. Pour normal kitchen vinegar over it. You'll see that it starts fizzing and resolves very slowly. The same happens to your teeth as the material is pretty much the same. Bad idea.

What?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    edited October 2016
    yirara wrote: »

No

What?

The enamel of teeth is composed of calcium phosphate. yes, it dissolves slower than calcium carbonate, or limestone but acid and teeth together are not the best idea.
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    billglitch wrote: »
    I have been averaging 10 pounds a month for 10 months. I am eating Low Carb High Fat (LCHF). Its pretty easy if you have some will power. Checkout dietdoctor.com. I bet you will lose 5 in the first week

Im sure 99.9% of this stuff can be found for free on Google...or here.
    LCHF isnt for everyone. And the amount lost intially is highly dependent on how much you have to lose.

A person dropping 100lbs and a person dropping 30lbs wont lose at the same rate most likely.
    And a drop of 5lbs in 1 week is mostly water. I doubt there is a weekly deficit of 17,500 calories.

dietdoctor.com is free.