Zero drop shoes

2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,482 Member
    Merrell's, New Balance Minimus (have to really look for the 0 drop ones), Vibrams. I actually ordered my Vibrams directly from China and got 2 pair for under $100.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Inov-8s F-lite 195s are great all-purpose shoes, but do have 3mm drop. I've worn mine into the ground lifting, running, every-day wear and tear... probably the best single pair of shoes I've ever owned.

They do have a Bare-x line with 0 drop, if that 3mm really makes a difference.
  • 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Great, thanks.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    I LOVE my ALtras but I think they are not making them anymore. I contacted them to get another pair and they told me no longer have any :( BOOOHOOOOOOO. Probably those toe shoes - maybe they have non-toe shoes too?
  • 4righteousnesssake
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    I LOVE my ALtras but I think they are not making them anymore. I contacted them to get another pair and they told me no longer have any :( BOOOHOOOOOOO. Probably those toe shoes - maybe they have non-toe shoes too?

Ah, that's too bad. That's the same with some New Balance I have. You talking about the vibram five fingers?
  • 4righteousnesssake
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    Inov-8s F-lite 195s are great all-purpose shoes, but do have 3mm drop. I've worn mine into the ground lifting, running, every-day wear and tear... probably the best single pair of shoes I've ever owned.

They do have a Bare-x line with 0 drop, if that 3mm really makes a difference.

I don't know how much you'd be able to tell the difference right off the bat. But I'm doing it for health purposes more than comfort.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    I second Merrill's. I have several pairs.....love the zero drop for all things weightlifting! Very wide toe box, which I need! You feel very grounded when doing anything with a heel/hip drive!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    edited October 2016
    I think Altra is a great running (zero drop) shoe, for those who can wear them. I spent about 6 weeks transitioning to them from a 10 - 12mm drop shoe and it has been a wonderful running experience.

I have 10 brand new pairs of Altras in stock waiting to be used. I buy them when they are on sale and hoard them away. I have Paradigm 2.0, Provision 2.0 & 2.5, Repetition, Torin 2.0, and Superior 2.0. As an Ultra runner, I believe in being prepared, especially with a favorite model.