Snacking Is Killing Me

I do well for the most part on my daily counting of the calories but I've noticed that my snacking is not how I want it to be any suggestions? Would be helpful.

Replies

• sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    If you know you arequire going to snack, plan snacks in your goal? I love olives as a snack bug you could plan popcorn, carrot stocks. ..whatever fits. Just don't have surplus avaliable
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Try planning and prepping easy and healthy snacks, such as: cottage cheese & an apple, Greek yogurt & blueberries or a pear & string cheese. A little mix of carbs and protein is a good snack combo.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Snacking is just a habit. I used to stock up a lot on beef jerky, multi flavor ice creams and my favorite hot cheetos and spicy chips. I really thought I couldn't drop them.

Again, it's just a habit. You just have to learn to drop it. The first few weeks will be hard. It helps if you are not bored with your time or most of the time feel non-hungry, non-craving. Look to vitamin water. I recommend Emergen-C.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    I keep fresh snack-cut veggies nearby at all times. Celery even has an automatic scoop for hummus or tabbouleh or yogurt dips.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    I also used to be a big snacker.

Now I just eat meals. It keeps me satisfied until my next meal.

Also I close the kitchen after dinner. I go for a walk instead of watching TV and snacking.
  • myaminals
    myaminals Posts: 197 Member
    oh also those flavor water drops sometimes help
  • kidrow21
    kidrow21 Posts: 67 Member
    Thanks everyone all good points., after reading this I also thought about adding more fiber for a snack.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    kidrow21 wrote: »
    I do well for the most part on my daily counting of the calories but I've noticed that my snacking is not how I want it to be any suggestions? Would be helpful.

I eat 5-6 small meals during the day, which do include snacks. It is not sustainable for me to not have snacks. However, my snacks are things left leftover spaghetti squash, yogurt, and other foods that keep my satiated. At night I have either ice cream or homemade popcorn, but I also weigh my foods and log so I am sure to stay in my calorie goals. :)

However, if snacks are difficult for you to manage, then you need to follow your gut on what your next step is. You can do this!
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    I plan the snacks into my daily calories. If I DON'T eat them, I'm too low for the day.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    I wonder what you mean by snacks.. It they are small portions of fattening junk food.. all that will do is make you crave more.

So ditch those kind of snacks and go for healthy snacks that are good ..but not so good.. if you know what I mean.

For example.. i have some bird seed kind of protein bars in the trunk of my car for when I'm desperate for something before or after I work out. I don't crave the things at all. So, I only eat them when I must. If they were super tasty.. they'd be gone.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Log those snacks accurately and you may just be motivated to stop eating them (or at least eat a lot smaller portions).
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Eat when youre hungry. No matter how small, you should feel satiated after each meal. Change up your snacks. 10 almonds and a large orange is just over 100 calories.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Chilli7777 wrote: »
    Eat when youre hungry. No matter how small, you should feel satiated after each meal. Change up your snacks. 10 almonds and a large orange is just over 100 calories.

1) Most people don't know what hunger actually feels like.
    2) When cutting calories a large number of people will not feel satiated after every meal
    3)There is no need to change up your snacks
    4)You could also have 0.4 of a slice of Dominos Meat Feast pizza for 100 calories. I know what I would prefer.

All of that aside; the best way to control snacking is to pre-log your food for the day including snack.