Calorie Deficit

schac061
schac061 Posts: 41 Member
edited October 2016 in Getting Started
This will be my third or fourth time using MFP in the last four years and this is the first time that I'm actually sticking to it! 68 days logged in a row, I believe!! My question is this... do I need to consume my calorie goal every day? Should I try and stay under? I am walking/ excercising 5-6 days per week and burn 300-400 calories by doing so. My generated goal is 1900 calories per day and I try and keep it to 1500-1600/ day. Should I be consuming my calorie goal or am I ok where I'm at?

Replies

• itstime82
    itstime82 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm interested in this as well.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    A goal is something you try and reach.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Well you've been doing it for 68 days- how is it working for you? Generally you'd want to hit your calorie goal, not eat even less. The proper deficit is already built in if you've set up your personal info & goals properly.
    Though you may need to revise/double check those anyway now that you've likely lost weight so your stats have changed. You could be under eating by 300 to 400 calories - but then your body must be used to that by now?
  • schac061
    schac061 Posts: 41 Member
    Thanks for the insite. I went back and adjusted some of my numbers and my new calorie goal is set at 1720. I feel like I've done well for the last few months but there were definitely days where I was still hungry as opposed to feeling satisfied. On those days, I would eat more fruits and vegetables and would usually stay under my goal. I was just wondering about under eating. I'm really trying to change my lifestyle and I want to make sure I'm not setting myself up for failure!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Let's see....I'm getting my dictionary out right now to look up the word goal...please stand by...

raw