mapmyfitness sucks now. Any alternatives for cycling?

They screwed up the UI by removing features.
Any other suggestions for something that can show a map AND replace a cycling computer?

Replies

• nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    edited October 2016
    I use Runkeeper to track my walking, running, hiking and biking. It shows a map when I am finished of my route with stats. Would that work for you?

It is an app on my phone. There is a free version and a paid version. I just use the free one.
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    I want thr map during, like gps
  • qwikstreet
    qwikstreet Posts: 94 Member
    My map still shows during GPS use on my phone. I dont like some of their recent changes but I'm glad I can still see the map.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Strava
    Wahoo Fitness
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Strava is really the most popular (and useful) by a wide margin. I've never used it as a phone app but am pretty sure it will do what you need. Additional features like a database of all your exercises, which lets it do snazzy things like tell you how the ride you just did compared in terms of effort and speed against the other times you've done the same ride (or part of it) and against other people too. That's long winded. Basically did you do your best time on that hill today?
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    I'll cehck out strava. I wish my route had hills. :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Strava. I don't use any of the social features, but even the free version gives you a map and plenty enough graphs and stats - time, distance, avg/max speed, heart rate (if you're using a HRM), etc.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Lizarking wrote: »
    They screwed up the UI by removing features.
    Any other suggestions for something that can show a map AND replace a cycling computer?

I like Wahoo Fitness. It works great.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wahoo-fitness-bluetooth-powered/id391599899?mt=8
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,818 Member
    I use Ride with GPS to create routes.

My husband uses Strava to map them.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    It's all about the Strava :)
  • kcjchang
    kcjchang Posts: 709 Member
    Strava and Endomando. Never use Strava app to record rides. If you have an android phone check out IpBike. It'll work with GPS. If your phone has Ant+ radio, it's basically a Garmin minus live tracking.