Egg Muffins

njdebbi
njdebbi Posts: 10 Member
Hi all -- Easy breakfast idea and not bad on calories either. Take Pillsbury Grand Biscuits and seperate each biscuit in half so you have 16 thinner biscuits. Take and flatten the biscuit with your palm and place one into a muffin tin compartment. Repeat with 7 more. Then fill each cup with egg beaters (about 1/8 of a cup will fit) -- DO NOT FILL TO TOP LEAVE A LITTLE SPACE FOR THEM TO FLUFF UP --1/2 to 3/4 full is fine). Add a pinch of shredded cheese if you want or use Egg Beater flavored options. Then top each with the other half of each biscuit. Bake at 350 for about 15 to 20 minutes until all the muffins are completely browned. Remove from oven and serve or wrap and take for a quick on the go breakfast.

Total calories 210 -- If you add cheese add for that -- If you prefer quiche style, you can just put all the biscuit halves in the muffin tin and fill and cook until egg is done and you get mini quiche but save about 90 calories on each one.

These are great for a breaksfast buffet too, Just make sure if you have different egg combos inside to mark each when baking so you know which is which cause you won't know after they are baked -- Lesson learned hard way. :smile:

Replies

• Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 540 Member
    thanks for the idea. I think I will try them with my kids this weekend!
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Bump!
  • smiley01x
    smiley01x Posts: 93 Member
    BUMP! sounds great!
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Thank you
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    bump
  • Karilee75
    Karilee75 Posts: 4
    Not a bad idea, but all of those pillsbury things are full of transfat, which is horrible for you! You could make a similar sandwich with a whole wheat english muffin and an actual whole egg, which are both great for you. This combo, with a little bit of cheese is still right around 200-225 calories, and a lot more fiber and protein, which will make you feel fuller longer.
  • brisondav
    brisondav Posts: 10 Member
    sounds delicious!
  • njdebbi
    njdebbi Posts: 10 Member
    Karlee -- You are correct - there are trans fats in most processed conveince foods. I know that more and more are cutting them down. You're suggestion is a pretty regular staple at my house actually. I love whole wheat english muffins, but this was a nice variation for a special occassion that was great to make and take for a brunch and you can still keep your calories in check too. Variety is the spice of life. :flowerforyou: I just can't eat the same stuff day in and day out and think I will ever make any headway. I find the most long term success with keeping weight off and losing it by having low calorie variations so I don't feel deprived. Some people can go and stick to it and be uber strict and never derail. I am a chronic derailer and it is because deprivation makes me crazy, so solution is to find ways to creatively feel not deprived. And little pretend quiches that are only 210 calories help to that end. It's illusion but it works for me. :wink:
  • melsfitness
    melsfitness Posts: 11 Member
    bump