40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Thank you for the suggestions, will look into it. I was so sick yesterday had to call in sick. I feel much better today. Off tomorrow, hubby's birthday. Very busy weekend ahead, getting new bedroom furniture and my granddaughter has a synchronized swimming show with other synchro teams in the area. It's more like a fundraiser show. Taking a break from my workouts at least until Saturday morning if I can get one in. Have a great weekend!!!!
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "P90X2 X2 Yoga"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    @todduga - Welcome, good to have another runner join the Cool Kids.

Today is a cross training day. Planning an outdoor bike ride if not too rainy. Will get in the weekly long run tomorrow before leaving for an out of state wedding. I'll also pack running gear to get some more miles in early Sunday morning while the younger wedding guests are still sleeping, lol.

So far, I'm thrilled to be training with a tri coach. She is very engaged and we use Training Peaks to plan, track and review my workouts. We linked my Polar GPS watch/HRM to TP and it receives my Polar data whenever I sync it. Coach can see my run/swim/bike routes, my time, HR, pace, etc. From that, she can evaluate training load, stress factors, etc. It takes all the planning and worrying out of my hands. I just do the workouts and she monitors the progress and provides course corrections based on the actual data from my work and my comments about how I feel. TP is an awesome training tool for any endurance athlete using HR, GPS devices to track workouts. We'll also link TP to MFP so we can monitor my food intake to match training needs (and keep me honest!)

Finally, she gave me some choices and we've decided on the Virginia Beach marathon in March as the goal for the end of my 20 week run focused training block. The only thing I know at this point is that my decision to do run training over the winter will guarantee a lot of snow, ice and rain in New England this season. ;)

Remain Cool, kids.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Back from my work conference. Time to get back at it!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    AOS Newport done. Woke up tired but did it. Hoping the rain lets off enough for a ride this weekend. I am the definition of a fair weather rider :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'm taking a rest day today. I think my body is just tired after ten days of working out in a row since I normally only work out 4-5 times/week. I did do some planks to get back on track after skipping the past couple of days, but that's it for today. Will get my weight lifting in tomorrow and maybe some gardening/weeding. Happy Friday everyone! Stay cool! :sunglasses:
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Tapout XT: Cross Core Combat done ! :)

one whole week of Tapout coming up! so excited! :)
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2 Base + Back=Done!
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    edited October 2016
    3 hrs on the bike, time to go eat a big dinner!
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Tapout: PLYO XT done! l Now i feel awesomely worked out. The feeling between sore/ relax /satisfied/ accomplished. I believe feeling this way is what make me look forward to these sessions.
    Happy Saturday Cool Kids!
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X2 X2 Ab Ripper"=Done!
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    HIIT class done
  • b3achy
    edited October 2016
    Strength training at the gym (to make up for missing yesterday) and then three hours of yard work. I'm so very tired. Paddling with a friend tomorrow.
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X X Stretch"=Done!
  • tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    35km bike. Seems like the cruise ships have not left for the season yet.
  • b3achy
    Nice paddle today - 2.77 miles; 70 minutes. Saw a dolphin, but not much else. A bit of a headwind to keep it challenging, but not too bad. Otherwise the weather was amazing. Rewarded myself with a Reuben from a local deli and a beer. Good day with a friend.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    I put my bike back on the indoor trainer today. "A Very Dark Place" from The Sufferfest series is a 47 minute work out starting with a couple sprints followed by 5 x 4 minute max intervals that get the job done. Its one of my favorite cycling workouts.