New to OMAD!

Fonar7
Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
Hello everyone

Just wanted to check in. I began my OMADic odyssey yesterday, having had some experience of Leangains IF. Today has been challenging, but I feel I need this programme as I'm looking for a way of life, not a target-driven goal obsession as propounded by weight loss groups! This seems an approachable forum, and I look forward to hearing everyone's experiences, and sharing some of my own.

Thanks to Joe for starting it all!
Fiona

Replies

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Welcome Fiona:

So happy to meet you. I'm Linda and I've been happily following OMAD for close to 3 1/2 months now and it has changed my life. I would suggest reading the posts and watching Joe's videos on his UT channel to help you out. We are all glad to help and encourage.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Welcome aboard Fiona, we're so GLAD you're here! I LOVE how you call it your " o:) OMADic odyssey o:)"...how fabulous! Please make yourself at home, this is a group that you're going to love!

cute-bear-welcome-quote-wall-stickers-home.jpg

• Fonar7
    Thanks everyone! I've been catching up on Joe's YT videos. I keep wondering, how have I been so blinkered to sustainable weight loss before? This is the most elegant weight management idea I've encountered, and I was a Leangains fan prior! Looking forward to future discussions, Fiona x
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Welcome to the group! This is my second week here so I'm new too and its already been quite helpful by just being part of this group! Hope it helps you as well!
  • OMADing1
    Fonar7 wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I've been catching up on Joe's YT videos. I keep wondering, how have I been so blinkered to sustainable weight loss before? This is the most elegant weight management idea I've encountered, and I was a Leangains fan prior! Looking forward to future discussions, Fiona x

I know, right?!?

• SavedByGrace26356
    Awesome !
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Welcome! Nice to have you with us!
  • Fonar7
    Thanks again everyone, for your very kind welcome. It's great to be here - feels like a weight loss 'home' of sorts! Still learning the ropes - it's five days in, and the cravings have begun. I don't know if this first part is the hardest? Anyway, am determined to keep going.
  • OMADing1
    Thanks again everyone, for your very kind welcome. It's great to be here - feels like a weight loss 'home' of sorts! Still learning the ropes - it's five days in, and the cravings have begun. I don't know if this first part is the hardest? Anyway, am determined to keep going.

How fabulous, you winner you--LET'S GO!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    You are welcome, Fiona. It's just a battle within yourself, but you always have eminent domain!
  • SavedByGrace26356

Drink a bottle of water when you get hungry. It seems to help me a lot. ♥ Those cravings will eventually go away.
  • OMADing1

Drink a bottle of water when you get hungry. It seems to help me a lot. ♥ Those cravings will eventually go away.

Seriously, drinking water is sooooo under-rated, if you dare to do this (drinking water, a bottle or even two), when you're hungry or even drinking some nice oolong or green or some kinda good herbal tea (before or after drinking some water), you will be amazed at how that kicks the teeth out of the bite of hunger. Try it!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    And hunger does seem to lessen with time. If I have a cheat day and eat twice, I can guarantee I'll wake up hungry the next morning.