peanut butter

two tablespoons put me over my fat allowance for the day. and 200 calories. bummed...

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Your goal is less than 16 grams of fat per day?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Your goal is less than 16 grams of fat per day?

My question as well?
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    My question too, I'm a middle aged female, 5'5" and my fat goal is 40g. I can fit peanut butter in if I try. Usually I save it for a workout recovery, 1 tablespoon on half a banana.

For the flavor of peanut butter I mix a half serving of Orgain chocolate protein powder with a half serving of OB2 peanut powder. I get my Reese fix that way.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Maybe you're looking at Saturated fat?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2016
    Sounds like you have your fat goal set too low.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Maybe the peanut butter isn't OP's entire fat allowance, but it was enough fat to push them over their daily target. Anyway, I rarely have an entire two tablespoon serving of peanut butter, but I often have one tablespoon on an apple or banana. I know it sounds silly, and I don't mean it in a condescending way at all, but in all seriousness it took me a while to realize that I could just eat half a serving of something. I think I was conditioned to eat whatever was listed as "one serving" on the label.
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    I eat half servings so often, it's not funny. It's that counting calories thing :'(
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Or quarter servings lol
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    I gave up even bothering with peanut butter. Obviously, I can fit it into my budget, but it just isn't worth the calories for what you get, at least for me. Literally, one bite of PB is 180 calories. Yeah, no thanks.. Lol
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    JinjoJoey wrote: »
    I gave up even bothering with peanut butter. Obviously, I can fit it into my budget, but it just isn't worth the calories for what you get, at least for me. Literally, one bite of PB is 180 calories. Yeah, no thanks.. Lol

Me too. But thinking about powered PB... I've seen a lot of good things!
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member

1 serving of peanut butter is around 180 calories. If someone wants to eat that in one mouthful, they can. But you can also spread it out over an entire sandwich or a whole apple or in a smoothie.

Obviously we all make our decisions about what foods are worth the calories to us, but there are ways to eat peanut butter besides just putting two tablespoons in your mouth at once.

I agree and you're absolutely correct. However, for me, any way you try to fool yourself, it's just so little for, pretty much, no satisfaction, in the end.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

1 serving of peanut butter is around 180 calories. If someone wants to eat that in one mouthful, they can. But you can also spread it out over an entire sandwich or a whole apple or in a smoothie.

Obviously we all make our decisions about what foods are worth the calories to us, but there are ways to eat peanut butter besides just putting two tablespoons in your mouth at once.

I agree and you're absolutely correct. However, for me, any way you try to fool yourself, it's just so little for, pretty much, no satisfaction, in the end.

Yeah, if it isn't worth it for you personally, absolutely better to avoid it.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 401 Member
    I used to be glad I didn't like PB because of the fat/cals but I've been putting a tbs in my coconut greek yogurt and it's so good. Worth the cal cost ;)
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    I gave up peanut butter completely the nanosecond I found out my daughter has a peanut allergy. Don't miss it in the slightest. Priorities.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Mmmm had 30g today but only because someone posted a photo on the news feed and I had to satisfy my cravings lol. I used to eat 2 slices of toast and peanut butter in the morning quite often, I knew it wasnt low cal but until I started countin I didn't realise HOW high!
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    edited November 2016
    apullum wrote: »
    Maybe the peanut butter isn't OP's entire fat allowance, but it was enough fat to push them over their daily target. Anyway, I rarely have an entire two tablespoon serving of peanut butter, but I often have one tablespoon on an apple or banana. I know it sounds silly, and I don't mean it in a condescending way at all, but in all seriousness it took me a while to realize that I could just eat half a serving of something. I think I was conditioned to eat whatever was listed as "one serving" on the label.

I was thinking the same thing that in combination with other things it pushed OP over. I absolutely love peanut butter. Can't eat in moderation. So I don't buy it.