1 Month Progress Picture on Keto (LCHF)

xxval21xx
xxval21xx Posts: 74 Member
edited November 2016 in Success Stories
Hello,

Just thought I would share my progress picture since being in ketosis for 1 whole month. Hopefully this inspires some to keep at it with the little progress i've had so far!

Goodluck to all of you on your journey!

62xlle5w0gv1.jpg

Replies

• Wow- you can really notice the difference. I wish I had started October 6!
  • hneagle1
    hneagle1 Posts: 16 Member
    Congrats, that's some awesome progress!
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Great job! How many lbs have you lost? Is the keto diet basically almost no carbs??
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    SO.....my journey begins again, this time I am jumping on the keto train. how many cards should you allow yourself ? I only eat two-three pieces of fruit in the morning in conjunction with my protein shake . the rest of the day veggies and lean protein. Id like to lose 10-25 pounds and gain muscle .
  • xxval21xx
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    Great job! How many lbs have you lost?

Interestingly enough, this is only a 12 pounds difference. I am getting much faster visual results with the keto diet than with low fat methods I've tried in the past. I believe this could be due to the fact that in ketosis the body uses fat stores to transform them into ketones rather than using glucose in the food we eat. This is also with zero exercise during my 1st month. Plus, my daily calorie intake has remained the same. I only changed my macro percentages around to get me into and to stay in ketosis.
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    Is the keto diet basically almost no carbs??
    Basically yes, I limit my net carb intake (total carbs minus fibre) to 25 g per day. October 6 was my first day eating under 25 net grams of carbs and the following morning, I was already in light nutritional ketosis. I also did not experience the "keto Flu" where you feel tired, sick and no energy" as others have experienced. In the beginning I would test my urine and blood ketone levels twice per day. Now I only test every 2 days or so as I am now fully keto-adapted.

Hope this helps!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Great progress and thanks for the great explanation too!
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    xxval21xx wrote: »
    Hello,

Just thought I would share my progress picture since being in ketosis for 1 whole month. Hopefully this inspires some to keep at it with the little progress i've had so far!

Goodluck to all of you on your journey!

62xlle5w0gv1.jpg

What does your macro breakdown end up being like? Also what are your total calories a day? I'm asking these questions bc it seems to really work for you and I might consider it when it comes time to leaning out
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Thank you! you're very sweet to break that down for me xx
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    GREAT job!! Wow! Be proud and keep at it!!
  • Yoles79
    Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for sharing very inspiring to me since I started Keto today
  • xxval21xx
    [/quote]What does your macro breakdown end up being like? Also what are your total calories a day? I'm asking these questions bc it seems to really work for you and I might consider it when it comes time to leaning out[/quote]

I am currently eating between 1200 and 1500 calories per day and my macros are set as follows: 9% carbs, 60% fat and 31% protein.
    When i start actively working out I may increase my protein and fat and reduced my carbs to 5% but I have not made that decision completely yet.
  • xxval21xx
    Yoles79 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing very inspiring to me since I started Keto today

I wish you the best of luck on your journey! And please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns!
  • sbz113z
    sbz113z Posts: 13 Member
    This post is literally what I was looking for! I am just starting the keto diet after months of research but our stories are almost exactly the same, I've been so afraid to eat that much fat cause I just didn't believe that it would actually help me lose weight instead of gain it. But I prepped last night and today is my first day eating keto and seeing your results and hearing your story is so inspiring and motivates me to keep going!! Keep up the amazing work and thanks so much for all your info!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Keep up the good work
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    xxval21xx wrote: »
    What does your macro breakdown end up being like? Also what are your total calories a day? I'm asking these questions bc it seems to really work for you and I might consider it when it comes time to leaning out[/quote]

I am currently eating between 1200 and 1500 calories per day and my macros are set as follows: 9% carbs, 60% fat and 31% protein.
    When i start actively working out I may increase my protein and fat and reduced my carbs to 5% but I have not made that decision completely yet. [/quote]

Congratulations on finding a dietary plan that is helping you to stick to a calorie deficit! Job well done, and keep it up!
  • Yoles79
    Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
    Could you post a sample of what you eat in a day for breakfast,snacks, lunch and dinner, if you have a chance.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    edited November 2016
    Yoles79 wrote: »
    Could you post a sample of what you eat in a day for breakfast,snacks, lunch and dinner, if you have a chance.

Or just open up your diary.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!